Dark Eldar Vehicle Questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Eldar Vehicle Questions

I was wondering what vehicle upgrades were popular for DE vehicles, Raiders in particular.
    Also does the Horrorfex count as defensive weapon as its strength is not greater than four?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

I use no vehicle upgrades except upgrading my dark lances to disintegrators on my ravagers. Cheap and chearful is the way I play.
    Some people love their night shields and I might give them a try sometime.

Horrorfexes are unfortunately not a defensive weapon thanks to the FAQ. One of the stupidest rulings of all I believe as the rule book is quite specific that it is a defensive attack as it doesn't have a str.
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to give a few different upgrades a go after reading Karatalsis' army of shadows in the lists section. Raiders aren't survivable at all so the sooner they complete there taxi role the better. Following that, they become strategic cover as wreckage!
    And not to detract from this thread too much for the one I just put up, but isn't that FAQ ruling just another bloody way to handicap an already fairly handicapped and underdeveloped race like DE?
    There are numerous ways we get it tough:
    Open top rules, and when hit by something with Melta rules even a 2 spells the end of the ride

Blessed Hull/ living Metal making opponent vehicles invulnerable

Cover saves galore for all vehicles, even the one that are ponderously slow and have AV 14

Can't disembark when you move too fast...grrr...but didn't the Valkyrie get a rule over ride or something?

Well I couild go on but you get the drift. DEfan is baying for blood!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Night shields on my ravagers, horrorfexes on my raiders, and that's about it. I kinda want to expirement with night shields on my raiders some time and run a really different list, but it's not happening anytime soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the only reason to take night shields to laugh at melta guns? Or does that extra 6" matter that much?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by InquisitorMatthias View Post
    Is the only reason to take night shields to laugh at melta guns? Or does that extra 6" matter that much?
    Oh yes the 6” does matter when your opponent wants to stand off and just fire at you, and in return you have a 36” range for your weapons – it’s the classic out gunned battleship tactic here.

But I rather like slave snares on Raiders, you know that they are disposable so why not dispose of them in the most kamikaze like way? Charge at the enemy in the movement phase, and then hope for a ‘vehicle explodes’ result when they retaliate and its deep in enemy lines.

When you pull this off it’s a classic!
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

I am a massive fan of naked vehciles (outside of weapons) and a such the only upgrade I take is a horrorfex on all of my raiders - it has lead to some flatout loltastic moments (like pinning down nearly an entire necron army for 3 turns in a row).

Man that pissed my opponent off when I just sat there doing nothing outside of horrorfexing the units.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Raider upgrades have been something I have done ALOT of experimenting with. The only ones I have ever gotten any use out of are horrofexes, nightshields and the occasional torture amp. Of the three nightshields are by far the best. I would argue that any truly competitive vehicle heavy DE force would almost have to have these, they are game winners pure and simple. The horrorfexes are nice for several reasons, its one more weapon destroyed result we can suffer, and gives us a way to deal with large squads of non-fearless troops, also, not sure where the debate of defensive/non-defense got started but it states very clearly in the front of the DE codex that horrofex's can only be fired in place of the main weapon. As for torture amps, I have found having a couple of raiders with these can save your ass if an enemy has absolutely covered an objective with guys (30 orks spread out 2 in).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha in a 2000 point list i have 8 horrorfexes!! Nobody's doin anything!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outsider View Post
    .......like pinning down nearly an entire necron army for 3 turns in a row.........
    Now I am having visions of an educational insect collection that is pinned to a display board here - priceless!
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast