Long Live the Tundra Orkz! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x3)

Long Live the Tundra Orkz!

The Bone Storm orks looked down across the land. When their leader Grel'Zuk attacked this icy tundra it held nothing more than a mining facility. Well, more than one, maybe like... ten. Grel was not much for counting, he never bothered to figure it out. All he knows is that since he's come to this planet many years ago, wave after wave of Ummies and Marines have been coming to try and take it back.

But Grel was wise. He hides his boyz in da snow. Waiting till the Ummies are close before jumping out and killing them. Well, sometimes he just saw them fall from the sky and ran at them. Well, more than somtimes.

Anyways, he also found the sekrits of the ummies on this land. These... curved sticks they put on things. They work better than his old vehicles. And thanks to this, Grel has done better than the Imperioum could have dreamed. So Grel keeps living on this great land, killing all who come and turning their tanks into his tanks, and their heads into his trophies.

My basic lore is that the Bone Storm orks were attacking random planets before they hit a snow world. This world also had one of the largest underground stores of Promethium that the Imperioum has ever found. Grel has no idea about any of this, he just knows that since he's gotten to this plannet, more and more people have shown up to try and take it from him, and he's quite happy to fight for it. He also figured out that he could put curved sticks on things and they go faster. He was thrilled, and painted them red to make it go even faster.

I was planning on turning the Deffkopta's into Warbikes (or snow-bikes) and I was wondering if you guys would agree that it'll be a nice little conversion that's good enough to 'count as' for 95% of the people out there.

This is a work in progress, and if this gets a good responce I'll be painting it soon:

Also, does anyone have any good ideas on how to strap a powerclaw on there? I was thinking of attaching it to the hull of the snowbike, instead of his arm. I can't think of a clean way to take his hand away from the handlebar. (It's one piece on these models, both arms and the entire stearing section is one chunk)

Nurgle, the freshmaker.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

Wow that conversion is so simple that it qualifies as one of the best i've ever seen! You could have big spikes coming out of the sides, to be like power shears..
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x3)

Thanks, and the idea of power shears makes me laugh.
    "...Why are all our sheep shaved? And what's that dust cloud heading away?"
    Nurgle, the freshmaker.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Awesome!

Dang, why didn't I think of that? It's such a simple conversion, but it looks great, and it makes perfect sense.

For the conversion, I'd consider snipping off the handlebar along with the hand, and just have him drive with one hand, and have a powerklaw on the other. Either that, or I'd attach something that works as a powerklaw to the side of his arm, more akin to an old school IG powerfist. It'd still look quite cool.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread