WoN in Annihilation - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WoN in Annihilation

How do KPs work in an Annihilation game if you have gaunts with WoN? Do they count as a KP everytime they get wiped and restart as the Codex says they count as a brand new unit? Just seems like a good way to screw yourself if you get stuck with an Annihilation mission. Also, which do you guys think is better to put on Genestealers, Flesh Hooks or Feeder Tendrils?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I generally prefer not to take gaunts all they really do is soak up shots. I believe when they are killed they count as kp, they should also count as a new squad I may be wrong. As for your second question feeder tendrils without a doubt. All your rolls will need a 3 + to hit.

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Every time the unit dies its a KP, but bringing back a unit of gaunts with WoN is optional, not mandetory.

Personally I like to take 1 or 2 small units (10 or less) of WoN termagants and 2 units of 8 stealers with scuttlers and feeder tendrils. The stealers are more than enough to take on tac marines and the like, and if I use both units together they can even take down things like large units of non-TH/SS terminators. The WoN gaunts are there for your own objectives. There's been plenty of times where I've run up my guants with my other d00ds using them as meat shields and having them killed just so I can bring them back and move them into an objective.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

JMG
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bringing a brood of gaunts WoN back onto the table is optional so in annhilation games its probably not the best idea.
    and for the stealers i usually would give them both but if i had to choose one or the other i'd choose feeder tendrils every time

edit: just realised u cant give stealers flesh hooks and feeder tendrils so yeh i'd pick feeder tendrils
    Sir we have a lock on the Hive tyrant.
    NO! SHOOT THAT SPORE MINE! OH GOD, ITS GOING BACKWARDS!
    if someone helps you, give them rep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x4)

"...Any Brood Without Number that is removed from play may be brought back into play at the beginning of the next turn.... it has exactly the same profile and armaments as its predecessor."

Which means you do not have to put the brood on the table if it gets killed. And each brood is entirely seperate, which means if a brood dies, and then regenerates because of WoN, each brood is 1 KP
    Quote of the Week (Number 3) - "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." - William Gibbs McAdoo (1863-1941)
    Ruina's Hive - My personal Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hive Fleet Ruina View Post
    "...Any Brood Without Number that is removed from play may be brought back into play at the beginning of the next turn....
    That helps clear things up a little. I was thinking that if they died, you had to restart them. And I usually do put feeder tendrils on my genestealers, but a friend of mine was trying to convince me that flesh hooks were more important.

JMG
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if you think about it the flesh hooks will only help when you're assaulting into cover which might make up for half the combats they're in.
    or you can take the feeder tendrils which you will get the benefit of in every combat. plus in general i'd prefer to re-roll my to hits than go first.

i suppose flesh hooks could come in handy if your enemy just happened to be on top of a very sheer cliff?
    Sir we have a lock on the Hive tyrant.
    NO! SHOOT THAT SPORE MINE! OH GOD, ITS GOING BACKWARDS!
    if someone helps you, give them rep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    156 (x3)

I always go flesh hooks. Feeder tendrils are great if you actually get to attack first. Not so great if you assault into cover and get wiped because you're attacking last. Plus you can climb up the side of building with ease!

I can't remember the last time a skilled opponent has given me the opportunity to assault a unit that isn't in cover. Any assaults I do are almost always into cover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

I have to agree with Tam. I see very few times where Tendrils are more beneficial then Flesh Hooks. With their Initiative it's hard to go last with them as they really are pretty glass cannons in CC. Even with EC. While feeder tendrils will be helpful almost every time, flesh hooks let you assault with impunity, when you need to, which I see as much more useful. Only times I get my 'stealers into something not in cover, is when I assault a 'walker, or when I catch my opponent off-guard from Outflanking.
    Tyranids & Daemons: Soul & Biomatter please.

LO Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

I know this is an unpopular choice, but I like Flesh Hooks. Feeder Tendrils could be given by another nearby brood such as a Broodlord or Lictor or another Genestealer Squad.

I employ Lictors as a reliable mobile Feeder tendril provider with the added bonus of aiding my outflanking Genestealers. It is somewhat important for Genestealers to utilize their amazing initiative.
    Eldar
    Tyranids

+ Reply to Thread