Great Moments In Tau Close Combat - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau suck at close combat, its the way of the world and we Tau players need to accept it. There are rare moments, however, when the impossible happens. For example, my stealth suit shas'vre was the last left in his squad, and he was charged by both a wraith lord and an avatar. The massive eldar threw all their attacks at the poor thing and missed all but one, which was saved by the sheild drone next to it. Then, to my continued amazement, my stealth suit rolled a six to hit the avatar and then a six to wound. And then the Avatar failed its invunerable save. Sure, the Shas'vre got slaughtered next turn, but it died in glory, knowing it had actaully wounded a super closes-combat model. Possibly even more amazing, four gundrones won the game for me by charging a chaos lord. They put two wounds on it, and it took 3 turns to kill the drones. The whole time, his flank collapsed because he couldnt summon his bloodletters. The chaos lord finally died when the IG player i allied with charged it with his Rough Riders just before the lord finished off the gundrones. Anyone else have stories of Tau doing the impossible in close combat?

"Aerials, in the sky, when you lose small mind you free your life. Aerials, so up high, when you free your eyes, eternal prize." -System of a Down

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was facing my friend with DH and he assualted my Firewarriors and Aun'shi with a squad of GK troops and a Vindicare. One of the GK troops assualted my one Firewarrior and so did his Vindicare. My Aun'shi had the Highest initiative so I went first with Aun'shi and killed two GK troops. Then the Vindicare attacked my Firewarrior but I made my save. Then his troops attacked and killed two Firwarriors but didn't kill the one that made its save against Vindicare. Then it was my Firewarriors turn to attack. My Firwarriors did nothing exept the one that made its save against Vindicare. Since it got 2 attacks because of Inspiring Presence I rolled double sixes and double 5's two wound thenVindicare missed his save and died because he had one wound left and then he failed his save for his GK troop and my Firewarriorbecame the legendary Firewarrior!
    Hi.............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A winged hive tyrant charged my Shas'o once, making 7 attacks. A few turns later, one dead bodyguard and one dead hive tyrant. In this same battle, my broadside kicked a Lictors butt and my Kroot singlehandedly wiped out all his hormies
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Great moments in CC for a Tau means actualy surviving in CC.I&#39;ve only played 2 games with my new Tau so far,but in one of them one of fire warrior teams managed to take out my cousins White Scars bike squad without losing a single Tau.They were butchered afterwards by his commander guy(yes,all of them were killed by the same guy >.< ),but it was pretty impresive to see alien midgets take out a gang of hard core super human bikers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THe best that I can remember is when I had

1 Firewarrior left in CC with my cousin&#39;s Old ONe Eye.

The combat last 4 or 5 turns before my lone firewarior was killed. I even inflicted a few wounds on Old One Eye.
    God does not play dice with the universe - Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best moment was when Aun&#39;shi actually wounded Abaddon in the first turnof combat until he got hit by Abbadons 1 insta kill attack. Or when my unit of fire warriors actually wiped out a squad of bloodletters in just 3 turns. Sure i outnumbered them around 3 to 1 but, Hey its still quite an achievement.

Somesolve problems by thinking and talking. Others use rocks.
    Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I"ve had a few interesting CC experiences. My current favorite is when a lone broadside suit was locked in combat with a bloodthirster and a chaso korn berzerker dread. (those were the only models left on the board.) The combat went on for 3 turns because the broadside made his invulnerable save 14 times in a row. though he personally failed to make any wounds on the bloodthirster or dread. Earlier in the game my firewarriors who charged in on the bloodthirster managed to wound the bloodthirster. And in more recent news my squade of 6 firewarriors won in cc against 4 inquisiton stormtroopers, causing the remaining 2 troopers to run away and then get shot from behind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ONe of my favorite combats is when I was playing at Chicago gamesday in the RTT and I was playing a Black Templar player. He had a squad get of its rhino and Aunshi and his guys were hey well jump out of this devilfish and assualt those guys and hold them up in close combat. That was the wrong idea or so I thought because in that one squad was the Emperors Champion and his Chaplain and 8 more assualt troops. I was like oh crap&#33; Well it was my 11 tau and Aunshi vs his 8 assualt troops and the emperors champion and chaplain. Well first Aunshi was challenged by Emperors Champ so with his five attacks he rolled 3 6&#39;s to hit which the emperors champ up and failed his inv roll. The Chaplain and squad beat down on some firewarriors, I made some armour saves and the chaplain killed a couple, firewearriors fought back and killed two. Next turn Aunshi rolls like 3 more 6&#39;s and kills 3 troopers outright. The chaplain frees himself up by killing the troops close to him and moves after aunshi. The last tau hits twice, wounds twice, and he failed two more armour saves. It was the chaplain left and a power fisted trooper against Aunshi and one tau. Well Aunshi and the Chaplain go first. The Chaplain attacks and kills the lone tau and does a wound to Aunshi. Aunshi fight back and kills the powerfist trooper. Down to 3 wounds apiece. They go at the same time, The chaplain does another wound to Aunshi and Aunshi hits him twice with two more 6&#39;s. He fails his two inv saves. Its over wow I was like how did that happen. My dice were hot, it was incredible and Aunshi stood triumphant over the dead remains of his loyal honor guard and the evil Black Templars.
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one battle i killed a Carnifex

another i killed 5 incubi and my Aun&#39;shi killed thee archaon
    then the last oen i had in CC before i shot the hell of them i killed a Deamon prince with a stealth suit...lol..he had one wound left any how..
    Death list Today

Hive Tyrant: Check
    Archaon: Check
    Iron Father: Check
    GreatUncleanOne: Check
    Nightbringer:**craps in pants**

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my friedns ethereal killed my rune priest. sure, he had taken a wound, but he lost. He shoulda killed it soooo badly. I was mad. Then i ran it over with my bikes
    FEAR THE WOLVES OF FENRIS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast