Vibro Cannon Spam - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x2)

Vibro Cannon Spam

What do you all think of the potential of taking 3 batteries of vibro cannons to just saturate the field in xd6 & glancing hits? Back in the days of the eye of terror campaign I played USF, so if I were to restart them I'd want to focus on a more guardian focused list (well, not really, but at least battery weapons). Has anyone taken 3 batteries to effect?

A 2250 list would likely be a farseer, 2 squads of fire dragons, 2 blobs of guardian defenders, 1-2 jetbike squads, 0-1 dire avengers, 2 squads of warp spiders (maybe 1 spider, and one swooping hawk) and those 3 batteries of vibro cannons.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Not to be a jerk, but it would probably get its rear handed to it.

It could be really fun to play though,
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

hmmm..put those with a spearhead deplo7yment or some good fire lanes so you get all of enemies nice and crowded....seems fun
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

So if I'm counting right that's 9 vibro cannons ya? Hmm, against more static lists it could probably fare alright, and to be honest i don't have much experience with said vibro-cannons, however with the availability of outflanking, deepstriking, or high speed units in most armies, heavy support plats typically don't fare very well. I would think that the number of losses you'd receive if you didn't get first turn would be pretty insurmountable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Vibro-Cannons seem an Echoe of 4th Edition. Now they are barely usable, especially as you have no Anti-Armor weapons I could see. Some say they are great, as they deny LoS cover, but it's useful only against poor AS armies... and barely. As they still get save.

Against vehicles you can do almost no damage, with '-' AP and maximum glance... best result is Weapon Destroyed... not much harm you can do to Rhino advancing towards your position.

Also now we have True LoS. And believe me, taking out 3 AV10 weapon platforms and 6 Guardians isn't hard. Even if they're in cover.

Minimum firepwoe,r minimum durability, and almost 150 points per battery... you better go for Guardian-crewed Vehicles, as in Eye of Terror. War Walkers for example, the best Heavy SUpport choice of 5 edition Eldar, if not whole game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could maybe see it work. If you were to plce the vibros at the center of yor deplyment with strong flanks that would protect your batteries and funnel your aponent in the middle towards yor fire lanes. dont know if it would work but thats what i would do...

+ Reply to Thread