Welcome to Librarium Online!
Heya! Had a very cool hit out against Chaos to find out which race is the baddest of the bad. Against every new race I fight, I have lots of questions after the battle.
1500 pt limit, annihilation (kill points, aarrghh!) and spearhead deployment.
1) Can this many CSMs fit in to 1500? Demon Prince with wings, Sorcerer, 2 rhinoes with bolters, in one rhino are 9 CSMS, one a champion, with the sorcerer, in the other 5 havocs, 4 of which are toting plasma guns, 6 deep striking terminators, 2 obliterators, 3 squads of between 10-14 csms, 2 of said squads toting missile lanchers, the third with heavy bolter, 1 5 man CSM squad with Missile Launcher. I have some space marines and presuming they are similar in points, this was a lot of 2+3+ armour to hack through!!
2) If an assault troop has a heavy bolter, can he swap over to assault weapons in assault?
3) There was a particularly savage assault on the CSM gun line. Taking on what tips I have garnered from my fellow kin, the Archon wych unit performed a beautifully orchestrated deep strike behind obscuring cover in turn 3 and then in turn 4 darted 12", fleeted 3" and dashed 6" into an assault against 20 odd CSMs. After 2 rounds of embittered assault the archon was left with 2 wyches on one side watching 4 CSMs make a retreat while the succubus was left alone with 6 CSMs in other CSM squad. Couldn7t my archon have tried for the sweep?
Unfortuneately I lost, 4 kps for me but 8 won by chaos.
That seems like a hell of alot of guys for 1500pts. You might wanna have someone run that through army builder and see what that comes to...
his army comes to about 1700ish... probably a bit more (don't have my book to hand.. going from my head)
The 5 man "havoc" squad with 4 plasma guns was a chosen Squad so that is viable yes.
With regards to your second squad.. the answer is yes. The book clearly states that the Marine switches his Bolter for the Heavy Bolter / Missile launcher etc. and since Chaos Space marines come with Bolter, Bolt Pistol and Close Combat Weapon this allows them to swap as they please!
your third question makes little sense to me.. Could your archon make a sweep and advance?
If thats what you are asking then the answer is no because the action no longer exists in 5th edition which makes combat armies alot less useful. This means you have to be particularly careful what you do with such high costing point sink units such as witches and your Archon
My homage to my time spent at Libararium Online:
1) as mentioned above, you can barely get that into a 2,000 point list. Although this didn't happen to me I think I would have inquired about the written list - I dislike players who play by memory.
2) Did he fire the heavy bolter in the shooting phase?
3) If the Archon, succubus and the remaining wyches were in the same squad when they assaulted the 2 marine squads then no, the Archon, succubus and wyches are still in combat with the 2nd marine squad that didn't run away.
If the Archon was separate from the other charging units (he/she was running solo) then you might have an arguement. In this case the Archon could be argued that he/she wasn't locked in combat with that 2nd marine squad however I will admit I am not sure about that without checking the rulebook more closely.
"On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]
It could be legal at 1500 points. There's no way it was (no marks, Sorc with doombolt, champs with no upgrades, etc.) Assuming those three squads were 31 marines total it would come out to 1495 points.except for this part, unless they were havocs or chosen a 5 man squad can't take a heavy weapon.5 man CSM squad with Missile Launcher
Veni Vidi Variant
I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.
The spikey ones go faster.
98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.
Saga of the Ages. Click it.
Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.
Well, if there was a bit of a point difference, like 200 points(!?), my Kabal gave them one hell of a run for there Marks.
Astounding how much gear the CSM can keep on hand
As a funny aside, my 5 Mandrakes made it through the whole game and I will run them again for nuisance value, absolutely.
Go Mandrakes! LOL
I got 1595 points, assuming the Sorceror only had Doombolt, the DP only had wings, etc., and that's not counting the usual marks, icons, flamers, meltas, smoke launchers, etc. I did add pts for the champion's PW though.
Yeah, I had doombolts thrown at me and I am not sure what else the DP had. I lanced him to death before he got too close but he took out a ravager pretty comfortably.
The termies had a reaper auto cannon present and the rest had power fists...or power weapons....
Ask him for a proper army list next time if you meet this player again (as long as you have one yourself).
I'm a Chaos Space Marine player myself and have to agree with everyone else: there is NO way you can fit all that into a 1500 points list.
Well, you could, but that would be cheating.
Innovation suffuses this hobby like a tea bag in the boiling water of play.