Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Okay, Starting a tau army but have some questions here. I come from a daemons background, so i'm good at manoevering my models. Unfortunately, besides soulgrinders and template weapons i've never done any shooting. So here's a few questions;
1. Can i fly a devilfish close to an enemy CC unit, drop my fire warriors behind it, rapid fire through it and then they'd have to go around to actually assault?
2. Do crisis suits make a 12" move, shoot, then move an additional 6"?
3. I've only ever seen units with 24" range rapidfire so i'm not 100% on this. Is rapid fire always 12" or half their max range?
4. What are the benefits of making a vehicle fire as if fast?
5. If a XV88 battlesuit moves through difficult terrain, can it still fire its TW railgun?
6. Can i stack marker lights on the same unit?
7. If so, if I fire at said unit, do I remove all counters or just 1?
8. What are "tau human auxilliary" My mate says they're just guardsmen but I can't find them in the codex
9. Can Krootox enter transports?
10. Are pathfinders worth using with rail rifles?
11. the stealth rule some units have, that when targetted by a pie plate it scatters an extra d6. does that apply only if that model is selected as the centre of that target or if it is anywhere under it?
12. I don't see anyone using gun dron squadrons, why is that? With a market light they're TW on BS3 and cause pinning tests and are cheap as!
13. I cannot find anywhere how shield drones work. Do they just give the model a 4+ inv save, and if its failed one of them is removed?
EDIT: 14 What are these target priority tests?
Wow, 14 questions Anyone able to help me out?
Misleading answer. The XV8 can move 6" in its movement phase, shoot and then move 6" in any direction in the assault phase. You said yes to his question which makes it sound like the suit can move 12" shoot and then move in the assault phaseOriginally Posted by Tz'arkenHowever XV8's do not count as moving when firing rapid fire weapons, so they can always shoot at maximum distance if they want.Originally Posted by Tz'arkenWrong they are infantry and infantry can use the Devilfish. Nowhere does it say that Krootox are excluded from using transports. Also they count as one model as normal.Originally Posted by Tz'arkenWhy is taking a Gun Drone squadron giving the opponent free KP's. A full GD squadron is a tough nut to crack, they have JSJ (like the XV8 ) and they are the same toughness and save as a Fire Warrior. They even have better assault stats than a FW. The only reason they are not taken more is because they are a fast attack choice and cannot be used to take or hold objectives.Originally Posted by Tz'arkenAlso Shield Drones have the same toughness and save as the model which takes them. They follow the same rules for wound allocation as any other model. You cannot pass a wound suffered by the controlling model on to its Shield Drone (I/E if an XV8 controlled one Drone and the XV8 suffered an unsaved wound the Tau player could not pass on the XV8's wound to the Drone).Originally Posted by Tz'arken
Thanks a bunch! though some more have come up
1. Do gun drones dismounted from piranha's count as a kill point?
2. Are skimmers able to ram?
3. From above, for a devilfish, on a 22 - 23 inch ram (max move? )
+2 str from 2 above 10
+ 1 for mass
+7 for moving 21 inches (21/3 - 7)
So a total of s10 on a ram?
4. I don't know how squadrons of skimmers work. Can I shield my fire wariors from assaults with a unit of piranhas, then when they assault that unit of piranhas, next turn, can they break, fly away, shoot at the unit who assaulted them AND allow the fire warriors to rapid fire?
5. AP1 weapons add +1 to their glancing/pentrating result. Does this mean you destroy them on a roll of 6 on glancing?
6. Can marker drones attached to units of Xv88 battlesuits fire their markerlights if the unit moves as in difficult terrain?
7. Gun drones on vehicles are treated as passengers, can they fire individually from the vehicle?
8. Do dedicatd transport give up killpoints?
That's it there I think
EDIT: Damn you Psy you beat me to the punch (not easy to beat a Monkey Ninja to the punch)
Last edited by Tz'arken; August 4th, 2009 at 15:32.
However if the unit takes two or more wounds then each model has to take a wound each (before a second wound can be given to any model) and because each model has different stat lines each model must roll its own saves against any wound allocated to it and any unsaved wound must be removed from the model that failed the save.