Drop pods and exodites - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop pods and exodites

i have had these ideas in my heads for a while now, what do you all think, i have done a small description and some basic wargear and rules type stuff you get in the codex

drop pods
    Description: the eldar are masters of the warp, but on planets that have no warp gate or has a warp gate that cannot be activated, the eldar use their highly advanced drop pods, shaped like a teardrop, they are known for their swiftness and can achieve immense speed while falling from the sky. drop pods are controlled by spirit stones, and are immensely accurate in their landing posistions. drop pods can also be equipped with a wide range of heavy weaponary and can also fire powerful grenades and bombs at the enemy.

wargear.
    haywire grenades: haywire grenades can be placed anywhere on the board when drop pids arrive, it has the following profile.
    1=nothing happens 2-5=glancing hit 6= penetrating, the drop pod gets two haywire grenades, they cannot be targeted at the same vehicle, if the pods come in the same turn

drop pods can be eqquiped with up to 4 different weapons

rules.
    accurate: the spirit stones that controll the drop pod are emmensly accurate, the pod does not have to scatter, but cannot land in terrarin, if it lands on an enemy unit, then they fall back 2D6.

AV 12 all the way round.

exodites

the idea i have for exodites is that they are wood elf like creatures, instead of jetbikes they have dragons and horses.

these are currently just ideas in my head and i am unsure whether or not i will make any of them, but the drop pod sounds easy enough with some foam and tubing,
    any thoughts on my ideas

Last edited by john13; August 9th, 2009 at 19:53.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Eldar transports are already just short of being full blown planes, they don't really need drop pods to get infantry into a contested area. If they really need a deepstriking unit they can call on either swoopinghawks or warpspiders.

As for the unit itself it would end up costing a rather impressive amount of points, first it does not drift. Only way this is possible now is if a unit on the table has an upgrade and even then it only works if the deepstrike is close enough to them. You have given it a large blast weapon that is stronger than any weapon in the eldar codex when it drops in and 4 heavy weapons meaning it has more firepower than any standard eldar tank. It can even force units to fall back. Does this mean that if you deepstrike it on top of a unit near the enemy back line it can make them run off the table?

As for exodites why not just use counts as, a unit of exodites on dragons with lances would work very well as shining spears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i never said that it had to have 4 heavy weaponry, it can have up to 4, but at 4 the weapons wud probably cost more than 100 points, and with 1 on each side, the most line of sight would be 2 weapons.
    maybe i should change the bombs 2 haywire grenades, but instead of getting one, you get two grenades instead.

as 4 the exodites, i looked in the fantasy section, and found that in the high and dark elves section, their were some dragons and raptor like creatures, with some simple conversions, i would be able to put some guardians or just some of the fantasy elves on the back.

+ Reply to Thread