Posing/Modeling Dire Avenger Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posing/Modeling Dire Avenger Question

I was wondering if it would affect the playability of my DA figures if I gave them power swords -realizing that Dire Avengers can only use Suriken Catapults.

Whats the extent I can go to when assembling Eldar figures (taking into account 'what you see is what you get?'). If say I have a dual wielding exarch, can I stick a power weapon into the base and have it be considered part of the base design (without affecting the representation of the unit?)

Also, I've always wondered what those stalk supported gems are on the back of the DA model, is that just decorational or does that actually reflect some upgrade?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

In friendly games, anything goes, but since Dire Avengers lack a CC weapon, I'd say probably not. If he has dual Shruiken catapults, that what he has.

The little stalks aren't anything special. Its just for looks, and I find break off far too easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about making some elite CC DA, they are better than guardians, and could be used as storm avengers, holding up enemy units and stuff. i dont think you could stick a power weapon to the base and say he was carrying it. and as 4 the things on the DA back, they dont currently have any effect, but make the modles look nice, i think they are sorta targeting things. with cameras in. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about if I stuck a power sword onto the waist of my exarch or Dire Avenger?

Would that affect the gameplay? If it was holding its regular shuri-pult, but had an extra power sword fastened to his waist for looks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always wondered the same thing, and as cKerensky said it goes in friendly games, but then I've never been in a tournament. I agree there should be a storm variant of the DAs, the model is too awesome. Maybe this will be my next conversion project?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

Ahh, that would be awesome. Drop storm guardians, make them Storm DAs. Give 'em the DA statline,CCW ,give the flamers out for free. Combined with an Exarch /w Shimmershield and Defend....that'd be one scary unit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

might be awesome, i love swapping bits aroun on eldar, 1 of my guardians, the weapon support platform fireer, he has a diresword,
    how about exarch with mifrror swords

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mirror Swords would be awesome, but since they're metal pieces you'd probably want to pin them. Personally, I'd like to see a two-handed DA exarch model. You could maybe do this with green stuff now, but I don't know if there are any current arms that would fit.

+ Reply to Thread