Warp Spiders - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warp Spiders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warp Spiders

This Thread is of course about Warp Spiders. I just want to see how people use them, what they like about them, and just overall feedback on them.

I haven't actually used them in a game yet but i love their background story and plan on using them as soon as i get a chance.

If a man wants to live let him fight, If a man does not want to fight he does not deserve to live.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most people here seem to have a serious love of the spiders

ill be the only one who says dont bother.

1. they are fast. i cant deny this.
    2. strength 6 is cool, but with no AP its garbage.
    3. the -ap removes them from being good light transport busters
    4. expensive. for 30ish more points than an upgraded squad you could just take a group of warwalkers for twice the shots.
    5. garbage range. 12 inches is trash. if it was 18 i would bring them for sure.

they never amount to doing much for me. seemingly everyone here has a crush on them but in many games of playing they have never done anything worth noting. points are better spent elsewhere IMO.
    Eldar: W-26, L-4, D-2, Tyranid: W-8, L-0, D-0
    I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use them in smaller battles but in larger (2000 pts+) they are useless.

For 1000-1500 points they are excellent. They can zip around behind cover following my harlequins and when a unit get's too close for comfort, jump out, shoot, jumo back, assault with harlequins. Excellent fishing units.

It's more of a personal preference thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i tend to deepstrike them in, fire off, and then use the assult jump to get to cover, then still got destroyed last game though

Senior Member soul of the brood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello

NOW.... i dont play eldar BUT... ill tell you what warp spiders are something else.. that many shots at strength 6? now the no ap thing doesnt bother me much(maybe cuz im a nid player?) but still the only way any ap would be useful is like, ap3 sooo i dont really care besides, omg dude take out special charecters with them, pop a few orks and gaunts, sneak in and get my biovore then run the *$@% out of there! anyway a little off topic but... fluff for the warp spiders is just.. sexy....*babbles on* anyway back to the point! USE THEM USE THEM USE THEM!!! also... squal leader has power weapon... hit and run? well its not that useful but just a thaught( i DARE YOU TO ASSAULT MY GODFEX o.O) anyway
    yea....
    Siggy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone eer notcied that the no ap thing means that if you destroy a tank you deffinetly have the ability to hide behind it as it can only be wrecked ?
    you cannot shoot my harliquins because beneath their mask is an idea and ideas are bulletproof

It came from the warp... Fleeting Ęther's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x2)

Oh how I loved Warp Spiders even more than I do now in 4th edition. Ap- used to mean that you could only glance, but you could still wreck a vehicle with a glance in 4th edition, meaning that the vehicle wouldn't explode in your face and you could indeed hide behind it. Now days, you can get -3 on the chart, which is rather lame, but I still enjoy using Warp Spiders in my lists. I use an Autarch with Fusion Gun, Mandiblasters, Warp Jump Generator, and Power Weapon in my Spider squad.
    Scratchbuilding Fire Prism Crystals
    2K Mech Eldar in 2010: 25Win/4Lose/8Draw

+ Reply to Thread