Planetstrike! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planetstrike!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Planetstrike!

Next week, I'm playing against a friend in what will be a first planetstrike game for both me and him.

The dice gods have already decided that I will play the attacker, while he is defending with his orks.

Seeing as I've never played planetstrike, I am imploring you all for your help! The basic premise is to destroy/overrun his buildings, right? It seems to me that I'll be going carnifex crazy with my list, hoping to smoosh his greenskins then plough into his bastions to wreck them.

What have you found that works well in this scenario?

If Google were a woman...I would so marry her.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Well, though that is the fluffy point, that's not quite the point in terms of winning. The way you claim objectives as the attack, remember, is to have at least one guy near it, regardless of how many opponents are near it. So, in addition to wanting lots of fexes, you're also going to want to load up on your units so that you'll be able to claim as much as possible!
    Applaud, my friend, the Comedy is finished.

Hive Fleet Charybdis (1-0-0) and Grey Brothers Space Wolf Chapter (3-1-2) [W-L-T]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Do remember that anything can claim the objective though, even the carnifexes.And that you can have 9. Definitely remember that bit!
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Get a cc-flyrant and some winged cc-warriors and tear them to bits upon deep-striking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, I don't have 9 carnifexes or winged warriors. Are regular warriors, shooty or cc, any good in planetstrike?

I had a 1500 point army in mind which included 3 fexes and two tyrants but I wasn't sure about tactics. Basically do I just blow up the enemy bastions and try to hold them, all the while killing as many of his units as possible?

With a potentially devastating amount of heavy firepower, is it worth upgrading the fexes with their defensive upgrades?

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

From what little I know about Planetstrike, if you're the attacker, you just need to contest the objectives to win. It's the defenders who need make sure you're not contesting in order for them to win. Therefore, upgrade your carnies and make them super-tough to take out. Give them extra wounds and toughness and maybe even 2+ saves if you have any spare points left. Regular troops, with the exception of genestealers upgraded with toxin sacs, won't be able to do anything to the AV14 bastions, so the more monstrous creatures you have, the better. 9 carnifexes is a little over-doing it as most opponents won't stand a chance against them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made a preliminary list here, please feel free to critique.

Hive Tyrant
    -wings, warp field, toxin sacs, 2x scything talons

Hive Tyrant
    -extended carapace, enhanced senses, toxin sacs, 2x twin-linked devourers
    - 2x guard

Dakkafex

8x Genestealers
    -extended carapace, feeder tendrils

8x Genestealers
    -scything talons, flesh hooks

8x Genestealers
    -extended carapace, flesh hooks

Boomfex
    -bonded exoskeleton, extended carapace

Boomfex
    bonded exoskeleton

Carnifex
    -reinforced chitin, extended carapace, bonded exoskeleton, adrenal glands +I & +WS, toxic miasma, 2x scything talons

I'm tired and it's late but I think that comes to 1501.

My opponent usually fields a lot of AP3 rokkits so I've decided to counter that with loads of 2+ saves. As you can see, I'm a fan of toughness 7 too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read the book! sorry to be blunt but..../ I do have a list available but not until I get off work. Firstly creatures do not need wings to deep strike in planet strike. I deep struck all 9 of my fexes with dual sything talons!!!!!!!! right outside the perimeter. Those fexes demolished everything. Not much the Marines and Imp guard and Eldar could do about it. Dependind on how the base is set up, the interior of it will be the safest from those big guns on the bastions. Guants also worked well for me. There was three objectives I claimed with one full (32) spineguant brood. Lictors also worked wonders for me. Your opponent will be coming in on various board edges so be very aware that lurking genes will get demolished by fire from those units coming in. Just played a week ago. "I LOVE PLANET STRIKE"

-=spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose=-
    -=I forgot my crayons, may I borrow yours?=-

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by wedelje View Post
    Read the book! sorry to be blunt but..../ I do have a list available but not until I get off work. Firstly creatures do not need wings to deep strike in planet strike. I deep struck all 9 of my fexes with dual sything talons!!!!!!!! right outside the perimeter. Those fexes demolished everything. Not much the Marines and Imp guard and Eldar could do about it. Dependind on how the base is set up, the interior of it will be the safest from those big guns on the bastions. Guants also worked well for me. There was three objectives I claimed with one full (32) spineguant brood. Lictors also worked wonders for me. Your opponent will be coming in on various board edges so be very aware that lurking genes will get demolished by fire from those units coming in. Just played a week ago. "I LOVE PLANET STRIKE"

-=spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose=-
    -=I forgot my crayons, may I borrow yours?=-
    Sorry to say, but 9 carnifexes is ultra-cheese. I wouldn't wanna play you again with that army. Don't use it unless the army you're playing is cheesy as hell also. In any game less than 2000, most armies can't deal with 4-5 TMC's, let alone 9!!! I recommend you ease up on the carnies lest you find yourself without an opponent in Planetstrike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't want to play to lose. I love the game but I play to win. I have been playing nids for about 6 months and have lost my fair share of games(and more) with my nidzilla list. I play at LHS with a bunch of power players. If I was to play a game with a newer player I will ease up and take genes and warriors, lictors ect. But the big games its game on!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast