Trouble With the Ladies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trouble With the Ladies

I am reasonably new to the Eldar and seem to be faring quite well with them, although i know i would do quite better if i could utilize my banchees to their full potential. All the girls ever seem to do is die before entering close combat, is there something that i can do to help them out? Just so you guys know I run six ladies including the exarch with mirror swords in a falcon and both powers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

How are they dieing? jump out and charge from the falcon. Only way to stop that is kill the falcon which if it has holofields is no small challenge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have been taking alot of fire when their falcon is getting destroyed, their falcon it self seems to be a fire magnet but i think i see what your saying with the holo-fields. Pay for the upgrade to give the ladies some more survivability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

simple answer

put them in a wave serpent and keep your falcon away from the action.

first turn have a farseer put fortune on the serpent and go 24' , or 36" if u have the upgrade.

i always have a fortune and doom farseer in with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Falcons need the holofields otherwise just use a waveserpent as it will be cheaper and tougher than a plain falcon. How many vehicles do you have in your list? If the falcon is the only one then it is going to take alot of fire no matter what. Give your opponent multiple transports to worry about and you have a better chance of getting to your targets.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

You'll also probably want a Farseer with Doom handy, so you can make sure they get a decent number of wounds on the enemy. They might be power weapons but you're also S3 so they're usually weaker than the enemy is tough.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm rockin a falcon and a prisim in my list, as they are the only tanks i got for the moment. Now should i dump a banchee and my avatar for a second seer and put him with them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Sounds like your main problem is the delivery system, having Holo-Fields greatly improves the chance that they will get to where you want them. And if you plan on using the Falcon as a transport you might as well give it spirit stones so you won't get stuck hovering in place every time you get hit.

Other than that the main problem people seem to have with Banshees is that once they assaulted and killed their target they get smashed to pieces by shooting or other effects. This is very common and my advice is to not assault something if it leaves you vulnerable in the subsequent turn. Usually you won't find nice lone targets to smash, but rather a few squads that cover each other, the thing here is not make sure the supporting squads also get smashed, probably by assaulting with something else as well, or by shooting them to death or some similar type of attack. This is actually quite true of most Eldar units, they need to work together to wipe out your opponent.

+ Reply to Thread