Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • None

Votes: 1 1.8%

Favourite gaunt build?

1K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  moomoopoo 
#1 ·
Just wondering what gaunt build people like to use.

#2 · (Edited)
Spinefist and WoN.

Spinegaunts are cheap which is nice, but they arent cheap enough for what they do.
Termagaunts are fantastic.. until you realize you will probably get only one or two rounds of shooting out of them while getting mowed down by Rapid firing bolters/Shuricats/plasma rifles/etc.

#3 ·
I like fleshborers. It's only an extra point and it means they can actually do some damage. Even if it's only one round of shooting, they can actually be pretty deadly with S4 and re-rolls. I just use them as a shield and if they can kill a couple of guys, cool.

I think spinegaunts look retarded so I'm not going to use them.

#6 ·
I prefer (read: exclusively use due to being cheap) termagaunts without numbers. I find the Spinegaunts don't do anything, and devourgaunts are to expensive. Termagaunts tend to be right in the middle there, not too expensive, and actually do something in the game. But that's just my take.

#7 ·
well i'de almost always pick termagants over spinegaunts. 1 extra point to lose re-roll to hit but +1S and re-rolls to wound? that is probably one of the best and least used bargains in the tyranid dex

i like devourer gaunts too. the extra range is actually pretty useful not to mention extra shots and wound re-rolls. plenty of times my opponents have focused there fire on the bigger gribblies only to have an entire troop choice wiped of the board by the dev gaunts.
that said they are pricey so i wudnt really take them for anything but funs

#9 ·
I usually go with two small units of spinegaunts with without numbers, and one or two bigger units of termagants. I will probably try out the devourer gaunt sooner or later, but they just seem very pricey, and I don't feel like the tyranids can afford a unit that's just there for the funs anymore, maybe in the upcoming codex we can once again more safely experiment with our units, but until then, I'll try to stay as cost effective as i can.

#10 ·
I'm currently running three 10-gaunt strong broods of Devogaunts with WoN. They supplementmy anti-infantry fairly well, and have the benefit of an additional 6" range over other gaunt weaponry. Living ammunition and Assault 2 make up for S2, and they provide enough of a threat that the enemy will target them. They are able to sit on rear objectives and lend their firepower due to the high range, and WoN guarantees that such a frail unit won't go away too quickly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.