3 questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3 questions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 questions

1. Can a farseer mounted on a bike cast fortune, and do any none shooting powers, while moving turbo boost speed?

2. What is our best AT?? I was thinking of running a farseer with spears, on bikes, fortune and guide. Like maybe 4 locks plus seer. I know our fire dragons are nice, but usually a one shot wonder with me. I am looking for a ranged attack.

3. Are bright lances worth it? They never do anything for me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Cenedar View Post
    1. Can a farseer mounted on a bike cast fortune, and do any none shooting powers, while moving turbo boost speed?

2. What is our best AT?? I was thinking of running a farseer with spears, on bikes, fortune and guide. Like maybe 4 locks plus seer. I know our fire dragons are nice, but usually a one shot wonder with me. I am looking for a ranged attack.

3. Are bright lances worth it? They never do anything for me.
    1. I don't have bikes so I've never actually read into it, but off hand I think he should be able to use all the non-shooting psychic powers while turbo boosting. Don't take my word on this though.

2. Depends on what you mean by AT, if you mean Monoliths or Rhino's.

But you have a plethora of amazing choices for anti tank, it would really depend on what type of list you play. If you want melee AT you have Witchblades (Warlocks/Farseers), Swooping Hawks (Haywire Grenades), the Avatar and Wraithlords. Short range shooting is Dragons (they also have grenades, but their melta weapons are more accurate) and Wraithguard. Long range AT are Prisms, Pulse Lasers, EML's, Bright Lances and support weapons (D-Cannons/Vibro Cannon). Not to mention that you can make quite a few Exarchs pretty potent tank-killers as well as the Autarch.

EML's are cheap and fantastically good against AV 12 or below with their 48" range, the Falcon is also good at this, with an EML on it you have 3 S8 shots. For the heavier stuff everything else is an option. For Monoliths I'd say use stuff that auto penetrates/glances. Basically what I'm saying is that the best choice depends on what type of list you play and what opponent you are facing.

I'm not a big fan of linking Prisms to take out heavy armoured tanks though, I think their weapons are put to better use against infantry.

If your Fire Dragons die after their first use you are using them wrong, there are plenty of ways of keeping them alive and killing.

Personally I like a combination of EML's and something heavier like a Wraithlord or Fire Dragons (Or Wraithguard against Necrons), that way you can use the EML's in the early game to take out weaker armour, and let the heavy stuff take out the heavy armour. Once the enemy is out of weak armour the EML's still do good against infantry so they are always potent.

3. Rarely I would say, they are really only a good choice when you know someone is bringing AV13+ tanks, and yet I'd say you have better choices against those.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically facing IG with mostly AV12, and couple of 14 fronts. But the fire dragons die, because they hop out and shoot one tank, then get shot up by rolling backwards tanks, and chimeras filled with melta gun guys.

I basically play friendly games with people who take tournment level armies, and play the gayest tactics. Like if they win the roll, they make you setup and deploy long ranged units in the other correct of the board. So the fights are never easy. I tried kandras once against his tank, but i never made it to one, i basicaly had 200 points that did nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cenedar View Post
    i see no reason why not, your not shooting which is basically what TB stops.

fire prisms have a 60" range, and you can combine shots to get s=10 ap 1. they can also be nasty for enemy infantry, especially the large blast one when combined

3. Are bright lances worth it? They never do anything for me
    no comment, i dont have any.

answers in red
    Hive Fleet Centycore W:1 D:0 L:0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

1. This is debatable, there is a line that says something like can not do any other volintary ( sp? ) actions if they TB. Some say this means they can not do anything else including powers that turn. I have seen people argue both ways on it.

2. Fire dragons are the best AT unit we have. They do tend to get shot up in return but nothing else comes close when you compare AV killing power to points. A warlock unit will do well against tanks but cost alot more and probably need a fortune seer to keep them alive long enough to reach tanks. It will have the added advantage of possibly drawing alot of fire away from the rest of your list.

3. Depends on your list and what you might face. I run them on most of my waveserpents because I have very little that can handle AV 14 consistently out side of melee ( warlock witchblades ). If your running dragons already the need for AV busting guns goes down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

1. Farseer powers happen at the very beginning of the turn, even before movement. Turbo boosting happens in the movement phase, after the powers go off, so yes you may.

2. Warlocks with Singing Spears have a 12 inch range just like Fire Dragons, but are not AP 1 and do not get +2d6 if within 6 inches. Plus, they are far more expensive and there are less of them. Fire Dragons are far better for anti-tank than Warlocks with Singing Spears. If Fire Dragons are one-shot wonders for you, then Warlocks would probably be an even worse choice.

3. Some people swear by them, but I think Bright Lances are too expensive.
    I WANNA GET STUCK IN WIT DA BOYZ

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

1. My personal opinion is yes, but it's debatable.

2. Brightlances. They pretty much form the core of my anti-tank and they never, ever disappoint.

3. Yes. Definitely. Without a shadow of a doubt.

~ DiW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

1) Yes. I've never had anyone argue that with me

2) Bright Lances.

3:

I'd be careful on what you put your bright lances on. Don't put them on Falcons (waste, as you can't use the falcon to its full potential), War Walkers ( costs way too much), or Guardians (....nuff said). Keep them on Wave Serpents, and if you must, Vypers (for rear armour popping) though I'm not a fan of that, or Wraithlords (they make an excellent gun platform)

In fact, I only ever put BLs on my Wave Serpents (edit: And wraithlords), and suddenly, my Wave Serpents become a force to be reckoned with (as if they werent already). It frees up my Prism tanks to take out infantry, while my APC blows up their enemy armour.

+ Reply to Thread