Second Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second Army

I enjoy playing as necrons, even though i am a new player and as such not the best player at the game. Even though im not very good i win every now and then and i do enjoy playing now, i went through a period of time where i didn't enjoy play my army. My friend who got me into the game is a 'nids player and as such playing against nids all the time does hurt your confidence.

I digress. If you where to go for another army what would it be and why?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

Well I like my Necrons, but they don't get attention like Space marines get attention. They've had what, 2-3 codexes since our LAST codex? I like also being RARE though, so even though space marines get a LOT of love, offer wide varieties...I won't get them (even though they would probably be the most tempting for me). I'm also not a HORDE army kinda person...too much money and time which I don't have...

If i was forced to say one right now...I'd think Deamons since my buddy says I could use them in fantasy OR 40k (I don't play fantasy, but if I ever wanted to try I could...which would be cool and low cost). Chaos space marines might be fun too, but another almost OVERLY played type of space marine.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

I looked for an assault based army, and kinda wanted to go horde since I'm used to Necron's 3+ saves. I originally thought about Chaos Marines for a Mech list, but ended up with tyranids instead. Reasonably enjoyable, though it's hard getting used to watching my units die en masse to bolters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does everyone think of Orks or Tau? They are a bit different from necrons (understatement) but either of these holds an interest for me, what do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spongy View Post
    What does everyone think of Orks or Tau? They are a bit different from necrons (understatement) but either of these holds an interest for me, what do you think?
    Go for it.

I'm thinking of starting an eldar army sooner or later. Only because i like the models, same thing with the necrons. I would never be able to play something that i don't like to look at. And i hate to look at a bulky, ugly power armour.

Orks are cool, scrap metal and green skin. Great in assault, bad at aiming. Tau are bad at hitting in assault and good at aiming. Sleek surfaces and tactical colors.

If i was to choose between those, i'd choose orks. They really look fantastic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Tau aren't great at hitting, just their guns are very powerful (most only have BS 3 after all). They're a mobile shooting force, as opposed to the Necron tough shooting force.

Orks are a neat army, lots of really zany fun units and abilities. Oh and mechanized CC horde ftw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alzer View Post
    Tau aren't great at hitting, just their guns are very powerful (most only have BS 3 after all).
    Well then, pretty average at aiming. At least they understand to point the gun towards their enemies...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, i haven't played a Tau army but i do like the look of their units. The Orks hold a special place in my heart, they look fun and their CC is pretty cool, it is the only army my friend is actually properly afraid of (he is a 'nid player too). Plus the things they have do look awesome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spongy View Post
    Haha, i haven't played a Tau army but i do like the look of their units. The Orks hold a special place in my heart, they look fun and their CC is pretty cool, it is the only army my friend is actually properly afraid of (he is a 'nid player too). Plus the things they have do look awesome!
    Follow your heart!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would try to but i'm like a dog chasing cars, i wouldn't know what to do if i caught one, i just do things...lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast