Curious Situations: Craftworld Imagi - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curious Situations: Craftworld Imagi

I'm a pretty new player, and I wanted to make a unique craftworld.
    It's based around infiltration, warp and scouting tactics.
    I know it might not be the best army in the world, but it'll be a fun project nonethless.

It's called Craftworld Imagi (I-may-jai) and I have been working on a bit of backstory. Tell me if I get any bits blatantly wrong also (still not that familiar).

The Fall. Billions of Eldar screaming out as their lives were ended at the hands of the Chaos God, Slaanesh. But one ancient craftworld fought against it. This angered Slaanesh and so the craftworld was condemned to imprisonment. Their name and existance has long since been forgotten as they lay dorment within the centre of a planet in the far northern reaches of the universe. Unable to get out.

But the craftworld refused to be held captive. The set to work, trying to survive and trying to find away to leave their planetary prison. And survive they did. Their skilled farseers created light, food and water, and without the threat of war the Eldar lived out their imprisonment. Countless years passed and nothing happened on the despolate planet's surface. Until a Tau explorer party claimed the land as their own. They developed a community and before long it expanded into a sizeable settlement. They had leaned to live with the earthquakes that shook the whole planet.

But what they did not realise is that these earthquakes were far from natural disasters. They were the effects of the explosions created by the Eldar beneath the surface, in their attempts to break through the surface.

Numerous attempts to free themselves weakened the planet's structure until it was no longer safe to try anymore. A lot of the Eldar gave up. But one brave Autach refused to.
    He had invented an explosive powerful enough to break through to the surface, but one wouldn't have a great enough effect.. He employed 1000 Warp Spiders to deploy the explosives and warp jump back to the craftworld surface. The plan was a success, but some of the Warp Spiders were inevitable lost in the warp, and some didn't jump in time.

The Tau on the surface watched as the ground beneath their feet tore like paper. Their planet was reduced to burnin debris within the space of a minute. The Craftworld survived the blast with the help of the farseers by reflecting the blasts back onto the planet.
    A roar of cheers erupted from the craftworld as they broke from thier prison. They were free thanks to the warp. They developed their Warp technology beyond any others. And now have the capabilities to warp the whole craftworld in relative safety.

Since then they have been known as Craftworld Imagi: The Warp-Riders.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it sounds v.good, but i am unsure fluffwise about the improsionment but and fighting back
    Hive Fleet Centycore W:1 D:0 L:0

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Sounds interesting, part of me wonders how many craft worlds there really are, I doubt they're as numerous as IG Companies or SM Chapters.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slaanesh thought that would be more fun.

But if it really doesn't work, I'll have them develop their warp tech before and they accidently warp into a planet.

Actually, I think I'll do that anyway.

It does say some Craftworlds are either lost or forgotten. That gives scope for creation.

Colour wise I was thinking Dark Green as a base colour and then silver specks all over it (created by flicking paint off a toothbrush)
    Last edited by Frosc; September 1st, 2009 at 00:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well it is unknown how many raftworlds there are, i always imagined some to be 'dead', with only automated guns on. i like to create bacstorys for mine, and as i said earlier, yours is good. what you need is to post it in the fluff section, so then others will read it who have massive fluff knowledge.
    Hive Fleet Centycore W:1 D:0 L:0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty immense fluff my only problem with this is simply making bigger explosives seems very un-Eldarish maybe some kind of warp manipulation or some more elegant solution
    you cannot shoot my harliquins because beneath their mask is an idea and ideas are bulletproof

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I want the planet to eplode and destroy all of the Tau inhabitants. Don't really mind how.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ooohhh is this part of some immense tau vs Eldar plan ? or simply wanton destruction ? XD
    you cannot shoot my harliquins because beneath their mask is an idea and ideas are bulletproof

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it is.

I always thought the Tau were a rather naive race.
    Just the sort that would land on a maiden world. Only to find themselves ripped apart by shuriken fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Sounds good apart from Slaaneshi role in it. If he got angered, he would torture souls of all inhabitants to the unholy agony rather than... imprison them.

And besides, Eldar had no ways of fighting God. Except for one, mentioned by Auric and found by Ulthwians.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast