Recommended size of Ork trays for Sabol case? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recommended size of Ork trays for Sabol case?

Howdy,
    I'm just a lowly grot wondering if any of the big fearsome Warbosses would answer a question(s) before devouring me whole. Currently I'm looking to start an Ork army (to go along with the Orc one I'm working on) while I'm stuck over in Afghanistan and my dilemma is what sizes should I order for the Sabol tray's. As I haven't ordered the models yet I don't have anything to measure to answer my own question.

I would guess that the normal Shoota/Slugga Boyz mobs would fit in a 1" tray while the bigger infantry models like Nobs would go into the 2" trays. What I'm wondering is the size of other items like the Bikers, Killer Kans and Dreadnoughts, and especially the Trucks and Battlewagon. Also, for the vehicle options, knowing if more than one can fit on a tray would be helpful.

To give you all an idea, in case you'd wish to tailor your answer, I'm planning on purchasing the Sabol Motor Pool case empty and tailor it to my needs.

Thanks for any and all help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Your infantry guesses sound about right, some Orks may need a bit deeper though because they lean forward and Shootas are held out front.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was checking after I made this post and they do have 1.5" sheets too. So many choices! I'm just concerned with those darn vehicles. I plan to order two battle forces to start with and I would like to assemble the trucks while I'm here so I can get some small scale battles going with two of my friends that are here on the FOB. I figure I'll have to lay them on their sides in the case as the Trucks and Battlewagons seem a lot taller than normal figures. If I don't get a good answer here I'll just order a 4" sheet and hope that will cover it.

+ Reply to Thread