Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
SO recently I've been going a lot better with my gaming. 3 wins, 2 draws and a loss.
I've also now got 2 hammerheads. I play one with an ion cannon and have found it to be amazing.
My most recent game, against a nearly all bike marine list, My hammerhead did really well. ( marines dead and it popped a razorback through smoke launchers.
Why do people dislike them so much? they're amazing for their point cost and I think they compliment the railhead quiet nicely.
I had my shas'o with plasma/fusion (fireknife?) kill his HQ as well as half a unit of bikes and 4 tac marines.
Apparently bikes can't get up floors so I had my shas'o hopping up and down firing his weapons and eventually killed his HQ.
I still struggle to use my hammerheads appropriately. to pop the razorback i moved 12" into his army to fire at its rear. this exposed my rear armour to a lot of heavy bolters. I seem to rely a lot on the hull down.
I failed miserably with my piranhas. Used them down a flank but one was destroyed second turn and the other immobilized.
I also tend to assault with my crisis suits. I assaulted 2 attack back squadrons with a single crisis suits on 2 seperate occations, just to keep heavy bolter fire off my infantry.
- Don't understand the hate people seem to have for the ion cannon (is it just because its big brother is better?)
- Crisis suits can hold their own in CC against non CC specialists
- Piranhas are very hard to use.
- Snipers, why does no one like them? I use 1 unit and think they're brilliant. perfect for hitting the MEQ's or pinning hordes etc.
-Targetting arrays only benefit the vehicle? not the drones attached to it?
- Does the modified T value of the biker marines count for instant death?
- do you think SMS is worth it over burst cannons on the hammerhead?
- Are stealth suits worth it? Getting the battalion soon and will have 3 of them. thinking of running them with a leader /w marker light and 2 markerlight drones.
That's my 2c for today Good night everyone. A fluff report will be written up and posted in the fluff forum some time tomorrow.
i like the ion cannon, but i find that i have enough plasma to not need it
yes XV8's can rock combat, but i wouldnt be too enthusiastic about throwing them in there
pirahnas are awesome, but IMHO theyre there to block units and draw fire away.
In regards to snipers, again i feel i have enough plasma to not need them
drones dont get the TA, i think they count as embarked
i prefer burst cannons to SMS, its cheaper, more shots (as theyre are 2) and more often than not your hgoing to be moving 12" a turn any way so its pointless.
Stealth suits are awesome. im currently running 4 with no upgrades, awesome burst cannon deliverance, and night fighting and jump packs make them REALLY annoying when used right.
theres my 2c. as ever take with a pinch of salt as im no expert!
That would be a Helios. After the game did you ask him why he didn't kill it? That always puzzles me with the Helios and TL-flamer suits.Originally Posted by GlavasWith the hammerhead it's important to remain at the very rear of your army, as far away from the enemy as possible. Moving it forward to hit rear armour is silly because the Razorback's front/side armour will be ripped apart by the railgun anyway (Oh no 1 in 6 chance of glancing!). Better to keep the railhead safe.Originally Posted by GlavasPeople don't hate it. However the Ion Cannon is clearly inferior to the railgun, simple as that. The problem with all non-railgun heavies is that they take up a heavy support slot which could be used to buy more railguns instead.Originally Posted by GlavasVery true. Yesterday I played against IG and I assaulted a deep-striken stormtrooper squad with my deathrains, it worked great. I would only go into assault however if I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that they would win combat.Originally Posted by GlavasYes, they are. Their main job is to block the enemy, and they do this very well. They're also great for anti-tank. It takes practice to use them well.Originally Posted by GlavasSame reason as the Ion cannon.Originally Posted by GlavasThat is correct. The drones do not benefit from it.Originally Posted by GlavasNo.Originally Posted by GlavasNo, but many people will disagree with me here. Try out both and use what you prefer.Originally Posted by GlavasNo. They are simply not worth the cost.Originally Posted by Glavas
Last edited by MorbidlyObeseMonkey; September 7th, 2009 at 17:09.
Check out my new blog! http://gamers-gone-wild.blogspot.com/
thats my view on things.
- well, the reason i take both with railguns, is simple, submunition. a large blast is always good. like take this example:your playing eldar, and ur firing an ion cannon at some dire avengers. say u hit and wound with all and all three die, yay 3 dead dire avengers, but say ur firing a large template submunition round, and u get about 5 under the tempate. S6 so thats 2s to wound and AP4 so statistically, u should be able to kill 4 or 5. thats my example anyway
- i agree completely!
- somewhat, it kindev depends.
- well, really that may be true however, after the shooting phase they are pretty easy targets.
- i thought they did until they detatch.
- not most of the time, unless ur playing hordes, then u need all the shooting u can get, and since they dont need true LOS to fire its all the better.
- sometimes, but dont take 2 maker drones, cus they're pretty expencive.
There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who cannot.