I can't believe what I just heard... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I can't believe what I just heard...

"Dark Eldar are overpowered and the easiest army to play with, all you have to do is put down the stupid raiders and you win. I hate them, I wish Space Marines were given as much love as Dark Eldar, Space Marines are underpowered!"

What
    The
    Hell

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

DE are not underpowered and a army build for them has functioned through every edition. They are due for a overhaul but only so that the one build is not the only truely competitive build but 9 raiders with dark lances and 3 ravagers with disintegraters is really lame.
    My upcoming blog in the works:
    http://plasticrackminis.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow... That is all I can really say to that.

What gets me the most is "I wish Space Marines were given as much love as Dark Eldar." In my opinion Space Marines are Game Workshop's poster child. They get the most attention out of all the races in the 40k universe.

And underpowered? Have you seen the new Space Wolf Codex? (I just leafed through it today...) Most of the rumors are true, and there are many more things that make them incredibly powerful. Even normal marines can do well against Dark Eldar if they know what they are doing. If i had to guess, I'd say that the person who said this were just really upset about loosing the us Dark Eldar and our tricks.
    Nothing is impossible, only improbable.

War is young men dying and old men talking.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ooglatjama View Post
    "Dark Eldar are overpowered and the easiest army to play with, all you have to do is put down the stupid raiders and you win. I hate them, I wish Space Marines were given as much love as Dark Eldar, Space Marines are underpowered!"

What
    The
    Hell
    Where did you hear all of this?

Meaning the source reflects the credibility, if it was just someone talking smack down at the local GW store then just laugh and move on but if it was someone who is ‘supposed’ to know better…..

Anyway if you could convince then to post the same here, oh the fun we could all have!
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

Sounds like sarcasm to me.

Guess I should say it READS like sarcasm.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

Haha I've heard this so many times at my club. Point being that we're built to be a mechanized army and when it comes to fully mechanized vs non-mechanized (or hybrid mech), we have the advantage.

Never mind that every vehicle is open topped and has cardboard for armor.

Never mind that most models is stuck at T3 with 5+ armor, coupled with horrible Leadership and standard guns.

It's just normal when people lose that they cry and scream CHEESE!

-Dark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

It was some bawwww after he forgot to kill a raider behind a building and it turbo boosted into his objective and contested winning the game for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

There is beer all over my monitor right now. I hope you're happy.

After all though Marines always get the short end of the stick, I mean Space Hulk? What a load of Genestealer -expletive deleted- with some Termies thrown in to make it look like a game.
    Last edited by Riptor; September 8th, 2009 at 12:51. Reason: Swearing. ~Lawman
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

If what the other person said is REALLY true then all they would have to do is take your DE army and they would win every time.

Every tournament win would be Dark Eldar 1, 2, and 3 on the podium.

And there would be no rules debates, cause they are just sooo easy to play with.

At this point I will go with Krovin, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and I believe that he was trying to be ‘funny.’
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish Space Marines were given as much love as Dark Eldar,
    OUr models range hasn't changed in way over 10 years, while marines have changed countless times, they even have their seperate codices and model ranges, this is just BS. Marines get the most love from gw, way more than any other army...
    We clearly get the least love.

Space Marines are underpowered
    Just the basic stats are insane, all models with saves of 3+-2+, that's so bad, even when you know that their weapons are far from being bad.
    Daimit 14/14/14 land raiders are so bad, will they ever perform well in a battle? The few guns they have don't shoot anything down...

"Dark Eldar are overpowered and the easiest army to play with
    Yeah that's why 90% of Dark eldar players lose most first few battles.
    Overpowered with all saves of 5+ raiders with 10/10/10 that's super overpowered...

all you have to do is put down the stupid raiders and you win
    Hilarious! raiders are shot down so easily, I remember seeing a raider rush in a torny once, the army was all fine, but she had bad luck and nearly everything got shot down before she could do anything. This wasn't what I was expecting, but it was perfectly acceptable. Not all armies need tons of raiders, an army with big warrior squads on foot and/or talos won't have that many raiders.

DE are the hardest army to play with any sane 40k guy will tell you that, most polls where people ask what's the hardest army to play with will end up with DE.

Now DE can almost be overpowered, they do have some really good options, take the warriors, 4 assault guns, it's almost like devastator squad. A raider squad with dark lance and blaster is almost like a mini ravager, the fact that just a transport has such firepower is insane, it's truly like having several Heavy supports. It's all very cool and almost overpowered, ,but you're still talking about 10/10/10 vehicles who can be shot down by most weapons.
    Wyches and incubi are insane in cc, they're truly excellent in cc, but they can still be killed.

The best way to see how difficult it is to handle DE is to see an armylist from a new player, most of those will be pretty bad, but you can't blame them.

A raider squad with 5 men, a veteran players knows why he should avoid these, once the raider gets shot down you'll probably lose your sqaud this or next turn.
    Hellions are cool and everything... in fluff, but on the battlefield they're one of the worst cc units. Warp beasts are cheap and have a great amount of attacks, but those 75 pts are wasted if you never know how to get them in cc.
    A new guy might not know why it isn't good to not take a raider for wyches or incubi.

and the list goes on...

one of my favorites: an archon with poison blades, no shadowfield, just lol

The main reason why most of us lose all of our first battles is because we have no idea what we're doing when we start a Dark Eldar army.
    Once we understand our strength and weaknesses we can finally make a good armylist, but luck can still bring us down.

Another extra reason why dark eldar are so hard to handle: they're so rare, people don't know how to counter them if they're facing an experienced DE player.
    It takes time for a DE player to understand his army, it also takes a fair amount of time for a complete DE stranger to understand our army.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast