A stealth suit and his Marker light - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A stealth suit and his Marker light

Hey guys just a newb question from me, but can a stealth suit move and then fire his marker light? like how a stealth suits marker drones can?, sorry for my newbyness to the greater good, im still just a learning Shas'la ^^

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

EDIT: Ah yes. riki is correct. Foot goes in mouth.

As for the preference. The codex should always overrule anything in the main rulebook, regardless of any other factors.
    Last edited by Krovin-Rezh; September 8th, 2009 at 10:54.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by VAMPiRiC MiST View Post
    Hey guys just a newb question from me, but can a stealth suit move and then fire his marker light? like how a stealth suits marker drones can?, sorry for my newbyness to the greater good, im still just a learning Shas'la ^^
    No according to the codex the XV8 and other jet pack equipped suits (the Stealth is one of these) cannot move and fire heavy weapons.

This is a perfect example of Games Workshop screw ups, the 40K rule book says that jet packs get relentless (move and fire heavy weaponry) but the Tau codex (written pre 5th edition) says jet pack equipped models cannot move and fire with heavy weapons. It is up to you which you think takes precedence, the codex or the rulebook, discuss it with your opponent or tournie judge before you play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, im going to go with the rule books definition seeings how its the most resent, all the other armies that dont have a new 5th ed codex really need some errata and FAQ's or something, oh well, off to make a new list i go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

The rulebook is the foundation of rules for the game, but the codex contains the rules specific to the Tau army. Since you are using the rules for Tau, you should be modifying any overlapping rulebook rule by what is written in the codex. If you don't someone will probably end up calling you out on it. Then you'll either have to stop doing it (messing up your strategy), or have an argument which you will probably lose.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i guess your right *sigh* oh well, i cant wait for a new tau codex, but at the same time im afraid of it nerfing all out stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    No according to the codex the XV8 and other jet pack equipped suits (the Stealth is one of these) cannot move and fire heavy weapons.

This is a perfect example of Games Workshop screw ups, the 40K rule book says that jet packs get relentless (move and fire heavy weaponry) but the Tau codex (written pre 5th edition) says jet pack equipped models cannot move and fire with heavy weapons. It is up to you which you think takes precedence, the codex or the rulebook, discuss it with your opponent or tournie judge before you play.
    Riki, what page of the tau codex is this on? I must have missed it.

This ruins what I was going to use my stealth suit for.

Glavas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

My stealth team has the TA, while my 2 pathfinder teams take care of my ML needs.

Also planning on adding a sky ray, which will add two more MLs.

I've ran with ML drones before, but until a 5th Tau codex comes out, they're just too fragile to drag around ML drones.

Just my opinion, of course

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im probably gonna get shot down for this, but it says that they follow the rules for jet packers as described in the BRB, which makes them relentless, which overrules the fact that the tau book says they cant fire heavy weaponry, as this was an exception to the old jet packer rule....therefore i would say they can fire markerlights whilst on the move.

i seen other tau players including myself use them this way and point out the rule and not one opponent.....not even the really anal ones (and beleive me we have our fair share) have disagreed.

if its really that big a deal then you could always discuss it with your opponent pre-game. im sure they would't object

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

As riki said (what, I'm agreeing with riki?!), you should clear it up with your opponent/tournament organisers prior to playing. The rule can be debated back and forth with neither side really ever winning out until either it gets covered in the FAQ or a new codex, so it's just easier to clear it up with your opponent before playing the game.

Personally, my friends let me count them as relentless, but most competitive rules lawyering players who would rather not play than give their opponent an advantage will probably tell you that you can't play it that way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast