So what up with Tau? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what up with Tau?

Hey i am an ork player (or getting my stuff this weekend) and im just wondering what tau are generally good at? Is there battleforce worth it? good hq? What's with the xv8 crisis battlesuit? It is in elites and hq on game workshop online. And i heard that they suck but the models look awesome

Last edited by Kevan; September 8th, 2009 at 13:54. Reason: sorry prices are same

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
    Hey i am an ork player (or getting my stuff this weekend) and im just wondering what tau are generally good at? Is there battleforce worth it? good hq? What's with the xv8 crisis battlesuit? It is in elites and hq on game workshop online. And i heard that they suck but the models look awesome
    Battleforce is good value.

HQ XV8's are awesome but avoid assualts with them (assault is not the Tau's strongpoint)

XV8 is available both as an HQ and elite choice. The XV8 is a battlesuit that is worn by commanders and elite warriors.

Which idiot told you the XV8 sucks?

Por'vre T'olku Shien
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

I think he meant the Tau as a whole. We don't suck, but this army is VERY finicky and unforgiving of mistakes in your tactics or streaks of bad rolls. I play them because I love the combined-arms and range emphasis, plus their fluff is just the best (I cannot picture myself playing as a race the routinely loses entire planets to rounding errors, like the Imperium).

Our battleforce is a good deal, one of the best out there. Just remember that magnets are your friends for tanks and suits alike, we are just SO customizable that if you glue all parts on then you'll end up spending three times as much.
    I fight for the Greater Good. Too bad for you it's MY Greater Good.

Snow Forces of T'olku W/L/D : 3-4-2... I like to think I'm learning, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevan View Post

Tau are a 'shooty' force, which tends to be unforgiving when the player makes mistakes.

They have quite a large number of high Strength weapons, so try to protect your vehicles accordingly.

Apart from the Kroot, a Tau force is par with the Imperial Guard in close combat. As being a Tau player, I've lost games against Orks because of close combat.

Tau have quite a number of weapons for 'horde' forces, such as the flamer, burst cannon, CIB, and the AFP. Our railgun, mounted on a hammerhead, can fire an anti-troop around as the large templet. Horde forces tend to go down fast under such fire.

As an Ork player, tend to lean towards alot of assault troops. Your vehicles should 'tank shock' and 'ram' every chance they get. A core of troop choices, being two FULL mobz of boyz with shootas (they do wonders when they hit).
    Of course, add what you want to your Green Tide, just remember the Tau go down to ferocious assualts, and prolonged close combat.

Ever try to take on an Ork force of 2 warlords, 5 nob mobz, and 8 battlewagons?

Ugh!

Ranged and unforgiving, but never suck.

Last edited by MaleOpener; September 8th, 2009 at 17:37. Reason: typos

+ Reply to Thread