Questions On Taking Broadsides. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Questions On Taking Broadsides.

Good morning,

I've been pondering on how to equip my Braodsides, and what I can get away with.

1. Is it wise to have a HW TL for a 'UI, or should my team be firing at the same target?

2. How about a team of 1 Broadside with the advanced systems (just can't write ASS), upgraded to a team leader, HW MT, and HW DC with 2 shield drones?

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by MaleOpener View Post
    Good morning,

I've been pondering on how to equip my Braodsides, and what I can get away with.

1. Is it wise to have a HW TL for a 'UI, or should my team be firing at the same target?
    I am a big fan of target locks. Having the ability to target multiple units with one unit can be very useful. The good thing with the XV88 is you can usually count on a hit so if you are hitting AV10 to 13 you will usually get a result, so hitting two AV10/12 units can be useful rather than just hitting one (remember you do not always have to destroy something just stopping it can be good).
    Remember you do not have to use the TL so you can focus fire if needed or split it. If the points are available then I would say why not. What I would advise is build the army first and if you have the points necessary remaining take it, it is not a vital piece of wargear but it is useful.

2. How about a team of 1 Broadside with the advanced systems (just can't write ASS)
    Well ya just did write it didn't ya . I always write it A'S'S doesn't look as bad.

upgraded to a team leader, HW MT, and HW DC with 2 shield drones?
    Well in my humble opinion XV88's have no place on the field without Shield Drones. One is the bare minimum and two is always preferable.
    Having a Drone with the same TGH and armour save as an XV88 really extends their and the whole units life. They can even help in assaults.
    I would advise taking a Bonding knife though because they make it easier to force the unit to test for fall back. I would lose the Multi tracker though, can't see the point in it myself.

The XV88's should be in cover as far away as from the opponents forces as is humanly capable (preferably with a good sized unit of Kroot nearby to stop deep strike, infiltration , providing cover saves and blocking the opponent’s unit’s access to the XV88's.
    You should be hitting targets the railgun can hurt not targets the SMS can damage. I honestly do not think you will get the returns for the cost.

Keep the cost down. Take two XV88's with two Shield Drones and A'S'S (see doesn't look rude) and if you can afford it, a target lock, other than that you don't need much else (Blacksun filter can be useful but only again if the points are available).

Por'vre T'olku Shien
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

I never run a Broadside alone, as it kills their biggest advantage: fitting multiple railguns into a slot. I usually (read: always if I have points) drop a HWTL and HWBSF on the team leaders, and ALWAYS take a shield drone (2 if it's a 3-man team). Transports are king nowadays, and there are very frequently times when splitting your fire is going to lead to much better results on average by cutting down on overkill when full destruction is not the goal (Rhinos, Chimeras, Raiders, etc.).
    I fight for the Greater Good. Too bad for you it's MY Greater Good.

Snow Forces of T'olku W/L/D : 3-4-2... I like to think I'm learning, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Thank you

+ Reply to Thread