HQ cjoices are driving me insane! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

HQ cjoices are driving me insane!

Ugh!

I'm going insane deciding on what to bring, HQ wise, in my force.

I have currently a 750pt force.

As you may all know by now, my force is themed around the television series, NCIS.

I like the idea of a Shas'el, with a targeting array, to save points. Though a Shas'O would be 'fluffy', as it would represent the director of NCIS, but I want to make sure I take all the choices I want. ( Not to mention taking 3 weapons looks badarse! )

See the problem?

Any suggestions/opinions/ etc are welcomed!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

I don't know the show, so not sure what would be "fluffiest".

But you can't go wrong with the 97 pts fireknife Shas'el. It's one of the cheaper HQ choices and is plenty capable and dangerous.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Por'vre T'olku Shien
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

How quickly do people hop to obey said director? If the response is "instantly and unquestioningly", then take the Shas'el as a different character and grab an Ethereal. His Honor Guard is surprisingly capable to those who don't know about the +1 BS. I wouldn't do this on a regular list, but it could work here
    I fight for the Greater Good. Too bad for you it's MY Greater Good.

Snow Forces of T'olku W/L/D : 3-4-2... I like to think I'm learning, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Never thought of the ethereal, and sounds like an interesting idea ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by MaleOpener View Post
    Never thought of the ethereal, and sounds like an interesting idea ...

No really it isn't. Fire Warriors should be in Devilfish so why bother with an expensive Honour guard. What is the Ethereal going to do for your army? it has no ranged weapons, no offensive ability to speak of and if it dies your whole army (sans Kroot) can end up running of the table.

Three weapon XV8 commanders are a wast of points, one weapon is always underutilised. The Shas'O is overpriced and paying for it and a third weapon means you lose out somewhere else in the list.

Take a 97pt Shas'El equipped as either a Firkeknife or Helios, you will not be let down. There is an old military saying that applies here "keep it simple stupid" KISS.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Yep:
    Ethereal for Director. Reasoning: not often seen, and usually overridden by lower HQ anyway.

Shas'el Fireknife+ for Jethro. TA because of Jethro's background as a marine sniper, and the rest because he's just bad-ass and so are the PR and MP.

For a laugh:

Shas'vre XV8 Firestorm: for DiNozzo, because when there's loads of enemies, he always goes in guns blazing. 'Vre level because he's really Jethro's "golden boy".

Shas'vre XV8 Helios: Ziva, because she's a Mossad assassin and is used to working up close and personal.

Pathfinder Team Leader: Magee, since he's always in the background but is essential to the final finding out of the target's location

Pathfinders: Ducky, Palmer and Abi. Well, they always manage to find the most important details and direct Jethro and the team!

I love NCIS too, but we have only got as far as Season 5 on terrestrial TV, and I don't have Sky.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

I agree with an Ethereal for the director, but consider the following.

Shas'el Fireknife for Gibbs, with Bodyguard Denozzo. Denozzo also has MP, PR, because lets be honest.....Denozzo wants to be just like Gibbs.

Zeva is a Monat XV8 teamleader with FB, PR, HWMT, TA, and VRT's cause she is a ninja.

Mcgee is an XV8 teamleader with AFP and CIB, because he is good with all the new tech.

Ducky, Abby and Jimmy are a 3 man team XV8 Deathrain squad (or XV8 cause all their work is done from a distance but is vitally important.

yep, I like it a lot.

Dave
    I don't care what you say. I found a lightsaber in my garage and that makes me a Jedi

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

I think aussiedave wins on points there!

Over on ATT some time ago, one of the members introduced a Farsight concept of the Magnificent Seven Tau. Looking at AD's contribution, I think we now have the updated version (not including the Ethereal).

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

LOL!

I think it's funny how my threads turn into discussisons about NCIS.

Anyhow, I love your ideas and couldn't help the myself.

1. I'm going to use the Shas 'El, for my HQ, but needed him to look different. I'm really not into the command suit box, but it indeed had useful pieces!

The director now looks more a mobile, heavy weapons platform. He is a Fireknife, but he needed to look the part of a HQ. I threw a whole bunch of bits on him, and i think he looks fantastic!

2. Looks like I'm going with 3 Mon'tas.

I'll have Gibbs as another Fireknife, and maybe have him kneeing somehow.

I'm going Firestorm, for Dinozzo, for we all know how he loves his action movies! I started a model, with a dynamic hero pose, but need to figure out how to keep it from breaking. The plastic glue should be more than enough, I think, as long as I let each piece completely dry before gluing the next.

I really like the Helios idea for Ziva, and it'll be heartbreaking to let my stealth team go. I'd gain a more useful elite choice, I believe, and it feels oh so fluffy!

3. My pathfinders are already called 'McGee', so that's one done. I'll make another with the good old ducky as the 'Ui, and I'll have a 'palmer' model carrying a rail rifle? ( Really need to figure how to fit him in. )

4. I have a gun drone squad named after Abby. For those how watch the series, you prob can figure out why ... ;} It's the only squad I got, and I like their uses. I'll be keeping it for now.

5. I also have a railhead, "The Kate Todd".

Once my force grows in models, there will be new models to name!

;D

BTW, eveyone got rep

*edit - Should a Mon'ta have a bonding knife?*
    Last edited by MaleOpener; September 11th, 2009 at 17:43.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by MaleOpener View Post

*edit - Should a Mon'ta have a bonding knife?*
    I assume you mean Monat. If so then only on a Shas'El or Shas'O if you intend for them to join another unit that has 2 or more models.
    If you keep them on their own then the bonding knife is useless and if they join another monat unit then again the knife is useless as once the other suit dies the unit is not below 50%.
    However, if the commander joins a unit 2 strong then when the 2 other suits die the bonding knife will be needed.

Personally I think Gibbs should be your commander. Gibbs is an ex-Marine and takes a hands-on approach to command, getting his hands dirty if necessary, sounds like a battlesuit commander to me.
    The director on the other hand is mostly a bureaucrat, which sounds more like an ethereal (who shouldn't be on a battlefield in the first place).

+ Reply to Thread