Is All-Suit Army Possible? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is All-Suit Army Possible?

Is it possible?
    By this I mean like, only XV8, XV88, Stealth Suits, XV8 Commander/Farsight, Piranhas and Drones, and Hammerheads/Skyrays.

I'm thinking of this because I saw the "Tau Rapid Insertion" force on TableTopWargaming.

Live for the Swarm!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Por'vre T'olku Shien
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

If Devilfish are ok, then yes. Otherwise, you are out of luck when it comes to Troops.
    I fight for the Greater Good. Too bad for you it's MY Greater Good.

Snow Forces of T'olku W/L/D : 3-4-2... I like to think I'm learning, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Basically no.
    The codex requires you to have at least 1 squad of Fire Warriors and the FOC requires you to have another Troops unit on top of that.
    Since Tau have no battlesuit equipped Troops units this means that you must have at least 12 models that don't fall in your list (2 squads of 6 Fire Warriors).

The main downside of this is that you don't have enough Troops to win 2/3 of the games you will play as you need Troops to capture objectives and 6 Fire Warriors will die very easily. My rule of thumb is at least 1 Troops choice per 500 points.

You would be much better of with 2 squads of 9 Fire Warriors in Devilfish and a couple of units of Kroot with Hounds, my preference is 10 Kroot and 6 Hounds per squad (although squads of 17 would probably be better due to the 25% casualty rule).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Breakaway Faction:
    O'Shovah and his followers have chosen to seperate themselves from the Tau Empire and they have altered the composition of their fighting forces to better represent this. No Ethereals, Kroot or Vespid units may be included in " " 's force. Crisis Battlesuits count as 1+ units in the same way as Fire Warriors...."

Page 45, Commander O'Shovan (Farsight), Tau Codex 4th Ed

What does this mean?
    Live for the Swarm!

Por'vre T'olku Shien
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

That's explained in the main rulebook. Simply put, you MUST take at least one Crisis unit in addition to Farsight and his bodyguard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is possible in a game of planet strike if your the attacker. There is no min troop choice and you can have 6 fast attack or elites. But in a standard game no as far as i know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay thanks...
    What would be a good ~500 Point army?

Shas'El
    Helios

2x XV8
    Deathrain

20x FW

1x XV88

^^
    ??
    Live for the Swarm!

Por'vre T'olku Shien
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

You've reached the limits of what I'll give you without a return. If you want help on a 500 point list, write one and you'll get help. We don't write lists for others, since that tends to be a pointless endeavor.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardkyng View Post
    It is possible in a game of planet strike if your the attacker. There is no min troop choice and you can have 6 fast attack or elites. But in a standard game no as far as i know
    No minimum Troops choice, but the Codex specifically states you must take at least 1 Fire Warrior unit. So unless Planetstrike states that any Codex-specific rules are overridden (I don't possess the Planetstrike book, so I don't know) then you would still have to follow the rules in the Tau Empire codex ref fielding a Tau army.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

I've read Planetstrike from cover to cover, and it doesn't say anything about easing those kinds of restrictions.

I'd go with the "firewarriors in Devilfish" route myself, the firewarriors look like minisuits.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast