New to Orks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Orks

Some of you might have seen my post in the general forum.

I've read the rulebook, read the codices and settled on starting 40k and playing Orks.
    Not only does it suit my playstyle accurately but their seems to be tons of room for conversion as well as just having hilarious fluff. It seems like the orks general response to everything is to kill it , eat it or strap rokkits and weapons to it.

I've read the beginner guides and "your better off with grots" articles. Just looking for any advice or suggestions seasoned veterans can give me.

I'm a big fan of fast assaults so I'll probably be working more or less on a speed freekz army to start with.

Tomb Scorpion Kill Counter: Gotrek Gurnisson, Empire Cannon Crew=3, Blood Knights=2, Saurus Cavalry=5, Saurus Warriors=3, Razordons=3, Skink warriors=7, Jezzails=8, Poison Wind Globadiers=10, Warp Lightning Cannon=1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a speed freak army, the basics i would look at would be
    warboss on bike
    nob bikers

and 3 or 4 squads of boys in trukks,
    and maybe some nobs in a trukk,
    maybe a big mek with a kustom force field in a battlewagon with lootas as well.
    that gives you some solid shooting power a very speedy force and a strong strong hammer unit.
    And if there are any particulars you really like you can probably fit them in,
    and welcome to ORKS!
    WAAAAGH!

Tj
    Death to the Alien!
    who likes cockroaches anyway.
    Ordos Xenos 4/0/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflebob View Post
    It seems like the orks general response to everything is to kill it , eat it or strap rokkits and weapons to it.
    Not necessarily only one of this actions. We do kill, eat AND strap bombz to squigs... and grots.

If you want to go Speed Freek you'll want one or two Battlewaggons and a Mek with Kustom Force Field to make them even harder: they are great at delivering boyz across the field without a scratch. Deff rolla is pricey but it's very usefull at crushing enemy tanks and infantry.
    Buggiez of any kind will give you more armor to distract your enemy and are usually given rokkits to tankhunt. Skorchas are very fun to use (I love flamers)
    Deffkoptas have been declared "the most annoying ork unit" in my playing group: they can bu used to tankhunt effectively or to deny shooting to devastators, tau armors, dire avengers and the like.
    And never forget: boyz before toyz!

Welcome to the Waaagh!
    Ork Latin Lover since 1980

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

A really annoying Speed Freakz army is 3 Battlewagons with Deff Rollas. Put Shoota Boyz with a Nob in them (PK and Bosspole of course) and a Mek with KFF in the center Wagon. You have an AV14 wall with a mobile 4+ cover save rolling up at someone, and you can fire/assault since it's open topped.

The rest of the points can be Lootas (amazing in any list) Deff Koptas for outflanking Rokkits, Grots to hold an objective, or just more Boyz in Trukks hiding behind the Wagons until they can zoom out and assault.

Nob Bikers with wound allocation tricks are good but regular Bikers just give Rapid Fire guns something to do against all your armor.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the responses!

I'm really excited to start working on my force. I really like the idea of bikes. I've seen mention of this wound allocation trick elsewhere on the forum but I'm not sure what it is. Could anyone explain or point me to that.

Sounds like I'll need some Trukks to help get my bozy up quickly.

I really like the idea of flamers too so I might look into a skorcha and/or burna boyz
    Tomb Scorpion Kill Counter: Gotrek Gurnisson, Empire Cannon Crew=3, Blood Knights=2, Saurus Cavalry=5, Saurus Warriors=3, Razordons=3, Skink warriors=7, Jezzails=8, Poison Wind Globadiers=10, Warp Lightning Cannon=1

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

The wound trick is you give all your Nob Bikers different wargear. In some small way they're all different, usually cheap ways. You also give them a Painboy on Bike. Now they have T5, with a 4+ save and a permanent 4+ cover, as well as Fell No Pain. Normally when they take a wound, you have to allocate it to models wounded first but since they all have different wargear, the rules allow you to spread them out, so you can "absorb" wounds before losing models. They are almost immune to to small arms fire because of T5, a 4+ save, a 4+ Fell No Pain and being able to take non insta-death wounds before losing models.

They get very pricey though, never use them except in 1500 and above.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I imagine it gets a bit pricey, but they sound like some pretty hardcore bikers!

+ Reply to Thread