Goblet of spite? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goblet of spite?

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has used the goblet of spite, and to what effect...

I'm looking at putting a couple into my wyche squads, and thought they might be worthwile...

They seem to be quite good for the the minimal points you spend on them...

Thanks in advance

- P

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Two points about them-
    1 they allow your enemy to hit you on 3s too, not a bonus at all.
    2 you may only have one in the army due to them being arcane wargear.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

Actually the new rulebook FaQ has made the Goblet only affect models in the DE army(basically saying that any wargear/ability that says any model means any model in that particular army). I say go for it! Remeber tho that you can only take one.
    Podcast and Blog
    Youtube Channel
    Twitt-errr... @ Skari2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Fair enough, I hadn't read that. Makes the "base to base" bit in the entry seem a bit pointless.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Wyches with WS4 will need to be in combat with something the same or better than their own WS skill level to benefit here.

So against things with WS4 or higher its all good, take it when opposing Orks (this is the most likely race against which the Goblet works well), Dark Eldar, most Eldar, Chaos Marines, Grey Knights (indeed any Marines) or any Monstrous Creatures.

The bigger the monster the better it works, especially teamed up with an Agoniser and for the incredibly cheap points cost why wouldn’t you take it anyway?
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

GoS is now mandatory!

Yeah, the Goblet has become a very nice piece of gear as of late. It fits so well into what the Wyches want to do (go up against nasty CC units and survive) for so few points that there really shouldn't be an army that takes Wyches without fitting the Goblet in somewhere.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Krovin-Rezh View Post
    Yeah, the Goblet has become a very nice piece of gear as of late. It fits so well into what the Wyches want to do (go up against nasty CC units and survive) for so few points that there really shouldn't be an army that takes Wyches without fitting the Goblet in somewhere.
    I have to agree, the Goblet is more a standard option you should always take: for 5 points, all your Wyches and attached independent characters/units in b2b hit the enemy on 3+.
    Doesn't get better than that.
    ------------------------------------
    Innovation suffuses this hobby like a tea bag in the boiling water of play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An added plus is if you run into dreadnoughts or other walkers as often as i do, goblet of spite hits the walker with haywiregrenades on a 3+ (as opposed to having to immobilise it first) because it works against anything with a WS. Last i checked this was legal someone correct me if im wrong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by godsentJD View Post
    An added plus is if you run into dreadnoughts or other walkers as often as i do, goblet of spite hits the walker with haywiregrenades on a 3+ (as opposed to having to immobilise it first) because it works against anything with a WS. Last i checked this was legal someone correct me if im wrong.
    Only the first Ed of the Codex with me at the moment but it does say there that the Walker must be immobilized firstly to use Haywire grenades - will check to see if my second Ed codex is the same tomorrow.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No it does need to be immobilised, otherwise you're hitting on 6's with grenades, but i believe the goblet of spite means that you hit on 3+ instead anyway, been a good half a yr since i played though

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast