Tactics against Imperial Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tactics against Imperial Guard

I need some tactics against Imperial Guard for a 750pt game. He has 1 chimera, two leman russes, 45 guardsmen, six guardsmen with vox casters, one with heavy flamer. And he he has a couple more things i just got forgot

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Ive only played once against the new IG codex, and it was a 1000pts game. I won pretty good against this guy, and he is a good player.

I used a mechanized list including 3 trukks with 2 of them slugga/choppa and one with 11 shootaboys and a KFF mek. All this backe u with a Battlewagon full of shootaboys. I had 10 grots for objective grabbing. And last, a small 5 x stormboys mob with nob w/BigChoppa, bosspole and Evy armour.

He killed 2 trukks pretty fast, but the last trukk survived, and i could get the boys where i wanted them.

He didnt even scratch the BW, so alot of shooting and crumping from the wagon and passengers!

KFF is there to give tha all-important 4+save for vehicles. + I had a burna just for roasting human flesh.

Grots did a good job going to ground behind some trees, 3+ save for grots.. who wanna shoot em? haha!

My new addition to the list was the 5 stormboysmob. The idea was from The-Waaagh forum from a guy named Mushkilla, tactica can be found here Tactica: Minimum size Stormboy mob Vs. GEQ - Da WAAAGH
    This little squad was so little I could easily hide it wherever I wanted. It was so fast I could get it wherever I wanted, and its deadly enough against GEQ that I didnt need more of the boys. The best thing was, when he had the oportunity to shoot at that squad he also had to choose from two angry slugga squads, a trukk with shootaboys, and a wagon deffrolling towards his line. He simly could not see the threat of a squad with a Big Choppa! But after destroying a Demolisher and making a guard squad fall back, he reconsidered and tried to shoot at it. Only 2 died from a ordenance shot, and the damage was already been delt, so he lost. I will say that the stromboys was one of the best unit that match, but without the bacup of all the other boys this smallsized squad may die easily. Thats why you want to hide them, and not rush forward. Use combat tactica and not jump into dead willingly. Its tricky, but absoluetly a great addition to a list.

If you like stormboys and have the models (or can proxy them) read the tactica and try them out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

simple. boyz to chop up their infantry, and some heavy guns/ nobz with PKs against their tanks.

burna boyz do well, if on a truck on battle wagon.

Use a big mek with a KFF.
    It's time for the grot rebellion!

Orks W:34 D:11 L:0

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

The same strategy we had before their new codex came out: CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Of course, you can't underestimate their infantry 'blobs' anymore (30-50 with a buried commissar), and they can put out enough strength 7 shots to make short work of trukks, but then again, so can the marines and nids. The trick is to throw as much as you can at him, and get within close combat as quickly as possible.

At 750 points, I'd consider a marching army instead of speed freaks. You just can't get enough vehicles into an Ork list under 1000 points. Big guns units, lootas, shoota boyz, killa kans, kommandos, and SAGs all work very well. I wouldn't run battlewagons or biker nobz at that point level, or anything that needs a transport in order to be effective, like tankbustas, burnas, meganobz, or groups of regular nobz.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread