Has anyone used a pinning list to great success? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone used a pinning list to great success?

I was thinking of using a pinning list on a heavy troop Guard player i think this would work good. Has any one tried something like this and used it go great success?

1. Get as many barbstraglers as i can and some sporemines to cause pinning tests
    2. Get psychic scream on 2 tyrants and 3 zoanthropes (when i get within 18" they would have to take a pin test on -5 leadership.)
    3. Once they are pinned just keep blasting them into submittion

This would probally work on several armies although they cant be fearless and it wouldnt be effective on people in tanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Yeah the psychic choir as its known is an established idea, but it dosnt work on some armys due to the massive amounts of fearlessness (deamon hunters, orks, chaos (marines and deamon) nids and certain eldar armys can have a lot of fearless units. however guardsmen would be devasteated by a choir, if you could get in range without getting killed off. For a start the orders system would be anhialated, as making rolls that low is very difficult. Only thing to watch out for is the get up order. nothing sucks more than pinning a unit only for it to get up later..

If you use this list, take out the threats to the choir first, its no good having a choir list with half of it lying dead across the battlefeild, then pinn away. Also if there is a lord commisar, remove him asap as i belive that he gives all guards men within a certain distance leadership 10

On another note, seeing necrons take leadership on a 5 is priceless, as you then sweep them down.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

I wouldn't say that i build my list around this idea however i do use elements of it. I do take usually a Tyrant with just a Barbstrangler for ranged attacking with a Boomer Fex, a Sniper Fex and Ranged Warriors with a Barbstrangler. A Zonathrope of two with Psychic Scream usually babysits my charging Guants. It works well on countering other hordes. However the Pinning elemnts do not work well on Space Marines.

All in all untill they give us some ranged vehical killing i don't even bother with shooting at tanks. Use Stranglers instead of Venom Cannons and save the Vehicals for Genestealers or Carnifexes.
    Army's used: Space Wolves, Tomb Kings, High Elves, Tyranids, Tau and Eldar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pinning is not realy a part of my army
    but when you have a lot of stuff wich can pin infantery, I think it's very usefull
    especialy against gaurdsmen, with their light armour and medium LD, I think it will work very well

but you have to be carefull, this army will only work against army's with a medioum or low leadership. it wil not really work against necron or another tyranid player (because of their synapse)

+ Reply to Thread