thankbustas - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: thankbustas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thankbustas

Hi
    i was wondering how effective are thankbustas and is there any other way of taking out enemy vehicles without using them .

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Tankbustas are excellent at destroying vehicles, but they have a rule that forces them to attack vehicles if they can see them. This means that even if an enemy is right next to you, and the only enemy tank is way out of range, you still have to shoot at the tank, automatically failing.

In large games, where there are many enemy vehicles to choose from, they get more effective, but you'd probably be better off with a troop choice, since tankbustas need a transport in order to stay alive and get near their opponents, and they can't take a dedicated one. Burna boyz have the same problem. Technically they're good, but they can't claim objectives and you need to give up heavy slots in order to give them transports.

For rokkit shots, I prefer warbuggies with rokkits, and for cracking tougher vehicles, I prefer powerklaws, either delivered by vehicles or bikes. Tankbustas are fun and fluffy, but not that effective in normal games.

In apocalypse games, however, where force org doesn't matter and there are plenty of points to spare, I like riding up small units with 2 tankhammers and a powerklaw/bosspole in each, riding inside a cheap looted wagon, using flank march if possible.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

I think the best way to use Tankbustas in a normal game is to just push them up the center. That way they have the best opportunity to be in the right place to kill something. If you opponent want's get all herky-jerky on fancy tactics because of them....then great! He's using brain energy on that instead of something else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x2)

Thing is, in the days of 5th edition, tankbustas are actually pretty solid. Yes, Grax mentioned the time they can be hurtful. Thing is, there are often times soooo many vehicles in 5th edition that you don't really have to worry about not having a vehicle to shoot at in range.

You've got 2 ways to run them: on foot going up the middle, or put into a vehicle and follow your other vehicles towards the enemy. If you've got a spare transport, go with it. I would say give them a shot and see how they perform for you. If they don't pan out, c'est la vie.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

This is where I and other members of the forum disagree. 5-15 tankbustas, to me, seems like a terrible unit to march towards the enemy on foot, considering that each tankbusta costs the same as 2 and 1/2 shoota boyz, and are just as likely to die when shot by the enemy. For the cost of 10 tankbustas with a nob and bosspole, you can have 20 shoota boyz with 2 big shootas, a nob, powerklaw, and bosspole instead. Not only are the shoota boyz far more likely to live and cause damage (at least to infantry), they can claim objectives as well.

I use tankbustas, but always in small groups, inside a cheap looted wagon. Of course, as with all units in 40k, use what you like.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7 Tankbustas with 2 tankhammers, and 2 squigs. Load it in a 35 point looted wagon (upgrade if you like i guess) and move the wagon towards the nearest enemy, unload em and let em rip. You get 12" to make sure they see the vehicle you want is the closest, just make sure you don't let them get destroyed by two flamers from a wraithlord in one turn.............................. anyway, it just means i got too close. My bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you choose to run with tankbustas instead of shooting?

+ Reply to Thread