Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help

Junior Member <SPACE><MARINE><MAN>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help

Ok i need a 2000 point nid list. I dont play nids i play space marines the reason i need a nid list is because my friend plays nids but i always kick has ass and he really getting tired of that so im going to let him win.

P.S

(oh and the nid last has to have no guns cuz my friend thinks nids should have guns for some reason.)

<IMTHEDEVILICANDOWHATIWANT>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

What models does he have?
    Army's used: Space Wolves, Tomb Kings, High Elves, Tyranids, Tau and Eldar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by <SPACE><MARINE><MAN> View Post
    oh and the nid last has to have no guns cuz my friend thinks nids should have guns for some reason.
    First of all, try to write properly... you may think that typing like that is cool, but most of the people here like proper spelling. (Really not trying to offend you, I hope that didn't come out too harsh! take one!)

Now, about your friend's list... I'm going to give you a couple, but the good one will have a load of guns. Nids need guns to stay competitive with other armies. I know it's cool to tear apart your opponent with teeth and claw. I have my dozens of hormagaunts in my shelf, but the truth is that if you forfeit shooting you're giving up one of the biggest tyranid strengths. (Everything can move and shoot at full strength, it's a good advantage and he should use it!).

So, first of all, a full melee list (this gives up on the best nid units, but hey... whatever floats his boat...)

No guns nid army
    HQ
    219 points - 1 flying hive tyrant with 2x Scything, both AG, FH, TS, TM, Winged, Implant Attack, Warp Field

222 points - 1 Broodlord with Feeder Tendrils, Extended Caparace, Toxin Sacs, and Flesh hooks
    6 GS retinue with EC, FH and Acid Maw

Elite
    160 pts - 2 lictors

Troops
    160 pts - 10 GS with scuttlers and flesh hooks

Heavy support
    180 3 Zoanthropes with Catalyst and Warp Blast (I don't recall at the moment if two powers are required. If you can pick just one, drop Catalyst and use the 15 points elsewhere, like tusks or mace-tail for the fexes).

129 "Heavy" Ninjafex 2xScything, AG WS, Toxic Miasma, Flesh Hooks, Reinforced Chitin

129 "Heavy" Ninjafex 2xScything, AG WS, Toxic Miasma, Flesh Hooks, Reinforced Chitin

Total 1999

Tactics: Outflank everything and keep the BL somewhat hidden until a good amount of GS have shown up (or outflank him if legal, I don't remember, sadly). The lictors allow to re-roll the reserve rolls and can provide some feeder tendrils support to the outflanking stealers.

The proposed flyrant is a tank and character killer, but should mainly be used for anti-tank, since there aren't many more things in the army that can deal with a tough tank, and both the GS and the broodlord can take well on characters.

The Zoanthropes are mainly for the blast AP3 vs marines, not for anti-tank. They should only shoot at tanks if there's one nearby as an opportunity target.

The ninjafexes are to smash through the centre or do a pincer maneuver, running all the way till they get there. They are not great, however. He can drop them to give EC to the genestealers, because if you bunch up in the middle and wait for the GS to come from the sides you can well shoot them into oblivion.

Competitive nid list
    HQ
    200 points - 1 flying hive tyrant with 2x Twin-linked devourers, TS, Winged, Enhanced Senses, Flesh hoks and Warp Field

227 points - Hive Tyrant with 2x Twin-linked devourers, TS, ES, FH, Psychich Scream and two guards with FH

Elite
    114 points - 1 Boomfex: Scything talons, Barbed Strangler and Flesh hooks

Troops
    64 points - 8 spinegaunts W.O.N.
    64 points - 8 spinegaunts W.O.N.
    160 points - 8 genestealers with scuttlers, flesh hooks and EC
    160 points - 8 genestealers with scuttlers, flesh hooks and EC
    128 points - 8 genestealers with scuttlers, flesh hooks
    128 points - 8 genestealers with scuttlers, flesh hooks

Heavy support
    195 2 Zoanthropes with Psychich scream and Warp Blast and one with Synapse and Warp Blast
    164 points - 1 Sniperfex:Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon, Reinforced Chitin and Enhanced Senses and flesh hooks
    164 points - 1 Sniperfex:Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon, Reinforced Chitin and Enhanced Senses and flesh hooks

He can, of course, use a variation of the list, such as use a second walking tyrant instead of the flying one, or use deathspitter warriors (very killy!) but this one should do handy vs marines.

The 5 Carnifices lob 5 Str 8 pieplates that cause pinning and instant death to anything T4 (including bikes). They all have flesh-hooks, so try to "climb" to difficult positions, to keep safe from nasty bike/dreadnought assaults. They will still be able to move and shoot so no prob there. Also, use cover. I can't tell how many lascannon shots have hit a tree or building instead of the Carnifex, but with those weapons as expensive as they are, it's very worth it to hug cover with the large beasties.

The fexes provide most of the anti-tank of the list, but they should do well against most vehicles (remember, pieplates hitting right on top of the vehicle always use side armour).

The hive tyrants pump infantry full of shots that re-roll to hit and wound, killing around 3 marines a turn. Outflanking genestealers take care of anything on the flanks, encouraging deployment all bunched up in the middle... but that's not really desirable when you have the 5 large blasts coming your way, so it's always a kind of win-win situation.

WON gaunts provide cover for genestealers and the walking hive tyrant (due to him having two guards).

The Zoanthropes follow the walking tyrant, provide additional synapse for the gaunts, particularly beneficial for late game objective grabbing, they lower the Ld of nearby marines (nice with pinning) and throw AP3 Psychich blasts around. (Be wary of never shooting near own troops, to prevent friendly fire hits) and can attack a vehicle with the focused blast if it comes nearby.

Tactics have to be slightly adjusted for drop-pods, but this list usually does fare pretty well vs most marine armies. What kind of army do you field? that way we can help him better.

Hope that helped!
    Last edited by kalender; September 22nd, 2009 at 15:59. Reason: slight improvements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Troops

200 pts a brood here, unless you want to drop the size of each squad down to 8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

put your space marine list and we will tool a competitive tyranid list for it.
    BEST ARMY APPEARANCE AND OVERALL WINNER OF A LOCAL GW RTT (29-7-06) GODZILLA/CHOIR 2K ARMY LIST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sniperfex215 View Post
    Troops

200 pts a brood here, unless you want to drop the size of each squad down to 8
    Really? I guess I have my costs wrong... but you can drop the size down to 8 or shuffle a bit the squads (like use one less to get the points for the others).

I wrote that post from my workplace (as this one) using some points costs from the web so I can't really check, but thanks for pointing it out.

10 is ususally a good number, to give the brood some survivability before it hits whatever it is going to assault.

8 works if you think you can assault the turn you hit the table. More than that, and you may wipe out your target in your turn and have to weather the response fire (not nice!). 8 usually kill enough not to loose much in the return attacks and still be in combat for the opponent's phase.

At any rate, the list was wrong, so feel free to use the corrected points cost. The concept is still the same, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where are the feeder tendrils????

Genestealers HAVE to have feeder tendrils. You would have brain damage not to take them!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The feeder tendrils can't be purchased when you have flesh-hooks, which is the main drawback. If you loose the high I due to charging through cover, feeder tendrils or not, those genestealers are dead before striking, hence why the flesh-hooks.

At any rate, in the first list you have the broodlord and two lictors to provide them, so are they really that necessary? Genestealers begin to get ridiculously expensive when you tack many upgrades.

In the second list you are mainly using the GS for their scare factor to make things bunch up in the middle, and to punish them greatly if they don't.

I find GS are pretty killy even without FT but if you're set on FT you can, get a mix of 50% of broods with and without feeder tendrils. Since a model with feeder tendrils gives the advantage to all nearby broods, it's not really necessary to have them on all units.

Some statistical analysis I read over here showed that in fact acid maw results in a higher kill rate in the first round of an assault, which is the one that matters the most, in fact. But a clever opponent will still use cover to deny you of your I if you don't grab FH, so...

+ Reply to Thread