Swedish championship next year! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Swedish championship next year!

OK i have been checking out some of the rules for it and i will be going, highest score wins everything.
    There is three ways to get points, first is winning, painting and the "Komp"

I have been thinking about an army now but first you need to know about komp.
    Komp is how fun and different your army is, you can get positive and negative points. 0-10 points.

The ordinary guidelines for all the armies.

Reduced komp points
    - Hard and fast characters and monsters
    Many vehicles
    Things that doesn't need LoS
    using many usual units (not troops), weapons and upgrades
    Ordance
    A lot outflank

+
    Unusual units, weapons and upgrades
    Variation of units, weapons and upgrades

Tau empire reducing the komp points:

- An high amount of using SMS, Plasmarifle, Railguns and missile pod
    Broadsides with shield drones and ASS (Gives more negative points)
    A lot units that can move in the assault phase
    Disruption pod
    A lot markerlight, especially mobile ones

+
    Honor guard
    Skyray
    Krootox
    Vespids
    Piranha without fusion
    Ethereal

Crap all fun stuff is negative!
    so.. I will go with some negative stats but i think i can get some points anyway.

and here is the list, if you can think of anything that might be "fun but still useful in the army be my guest to tell me! =)

1750 pts
    Army:

HQ
    Sha´el
    Fireknife

Elite
    3 Deathrain Team leader, bk
    3 Torch squad (Ninja monkey build)
    1 Tank buster Shas'Vre, Iridium, TL-Fusion, TA, Drone controller, 2x shield drones

Troops
    9 Fire warriors, ui, bk (will use pathfinders fish)
    10 Kroots 5 Hounds
    10 Kroots 5 hounds

Fast
    2x Piranha Fusion, TA, DP
    7 Pathfinders, Fish w/ DP, SMS,
    6 Vespids + Strain leader

Heavy
    Hammerhead BC, Rail, DP
    Hammerhead BC, Rail, DP
    Skyray BC, TA, DP

So i made quite some changes, cheaper tanks, different than the way i usually play..
    But now i still can control some of the map and i have some scoring units and i got one SMS to reduce some KPs..
    I know i made an expensive Monat but either him or 2x Firestorms, and i wanted to be different.
    With him he will probably be the one i will be gambling with, deep striking and re-roll if needed, quite close to some tanks.. Heh..
    Well comments on the list, hit me hard!

Jim.

Last edited by Padea; September 22nd, 2009 at 10:50.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

I'm sorry but Comp is total crap. GW put the units in the codexes and created the basic rules of the game. To penalize players for using those units and those rules is BS.

If you insist on playing, play to win. It's a tournament. That's the point, right? How can you win by gimping your army? Gimping your army and earning Comp Points won't help you win your games, so you'll lose by trying to satisfy someone else's arbitrary idea of what is or isn't "fluffy" or "overpowering".

Better to win all your games, I say. I have no patience for people who want to tell players what is or isn't "proper" to include in an army. Who are they to decide what is or isn't fair, what is or isn't fluffy? They don't know you, they don't know the fluff behind your army. Screw all that.

So either max out your competitive list build -- because you should, it's a tournament! -- or just don't play. I know I wouldn't.
    Last edited by number6; September 22nd, 2009 at 17:27.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    Gimping your army and earning Comp Points won't help you win your games, so you'll lose by trying to satisfy someone else's arbitrary idea of what is or isn't "fluffy".
    It's not really a fluff issue at all. Look at the Comp penalties for Tau: Jump Pack infantry, Plasma Rifles, Shield Drones, Markerlights...
    I mean, what? Last time I checked, those were all staples of Tau warfare and completely in line with fluff.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Too true, Ravendove. Apparently crisis suits are just "too powerful" to be "fair". Unless you equip them with a burst cannon and a flamer. And markerlights?! Don't get me started! Totally broken!
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I'm sorry but Comp is total crap. GW put the units in the codexes and created the basic rules of the game. To penalize players for using those units and those rules is BS.

If you insist on playing, play to win. It's a tournament. That's the point, right? How can you win by gimping your army? Gimping your army and earning Comp Points won't help you win your games, so you'll lose by trying to satisfy someone else's arbitrary idea of what is or isn't "fluffy" or "overpowering".

Better to win all your games, I say. I have no patience for people who want to tell players what is or isn't "proper" to include in an army. Who are they to decide what is or isn't fair, what is or isn't fluffy? They don't know you, they don't know the fluff behind your army. Screw all that.

So either max out your competitive list build -- because you should, it's a tournament! -- or just don't play. I know I wouldn't.
    Ok, well i had that in mind aswell and screw the comp i just wanted to know if it is an good idea to use it or not, fun etc..
    But maybe i should work on a "serious" then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Composition is usually a stupid thing to do. While I believe people that have the bare minimum of troops in larger lists are being pretty weak, with 5th edition rules, it is a sure fire way to gimp your army and make it easier for an opponent to deny you objectives.

My two questions are, what is considered a "high amount" for any specified weapon system and what is the point total you can use for your army? Found it ... 1750.

The other point I would like to make is the list of units you recieve extra points for are units almost no one uses .... for good reason. they all pretty much suck.

An ethereal. Unless you automatically win your match because you chose to bring out the most useless and squishy hq choice ever ... in any army, no one would ever field this.

I would like to see what comp they give SM armies. If you have this info please post it. If you dont, please get it cause I really would like to know.

ok, past all that, depending on the total army points you can build with and what they consider a high amount of any particular weapon system etc is, I think you can still do a nice workable force that fits within the comp rules. I wouldn't go out of my way to add the unusal units but atleast you can make your army be competitive without getting negative comp points.

Another question, how well is your army painted?
    ----------
    Too true, Ravendove. Apparently crisis suits are just "too powerful" to be "fair". Unless you equip them with a burst cannon and a flamer. And markerlights?! Don't get me started! Totally broken!
    This is probably something of a left over from 4rth edition where the jump shoot jump behind cover really ticked off our opponents. I agree with the sentiment though. While our army definitely has its strengths, we are not an over powering army.
    - Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Senior Member MorbidlyObeseMonkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Padea
    I have been thinking about an army now but first you need to know about komp.
    Komp is how fun and different your army is, you can get positive and negative points. 0-10 points.

The ordinary guidelines for all the armies.

Reduced komp points
    - Hard and fast characters and monsters
    Many vehicles
    Things that doesn't need LoS
    using many usual units (not troops), weapons and upgrades
    Ordance
    A lot outflank

+
    Unusual units, weapons and upgrades
    Variation of units, weapons and upgrades

Tau empire reducing the komp points:

- An high amount of using SMS, Plasmarifle, Railguns and missile pod
    Broadsides with shield drones and ASS (Gives more negative points)
    A lot units that can move in the assault phase
    Disruption pod
    A lot markerlight, especially mobile ones

+
    Honor guard
    Skyray
    Krootox
    Vespids
    Piranha without fusion
    Ethereal
    I want to kill myself.

M.O.M.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by haddatt View Post
    Composition is usually a stupid thing to do. While I believe people that have the bare minimum of troops in larger lists are being pretty weak, with 5th edition rules, it is a sure fire way to gimp your army and make it easier for an opponent to deny you objectives.

My two questions are, what is considered a "high amount" for any specified weapon system and what is the point total you can use for your army? Found it ... 1750.

The other point I would like to make is the list of units you recieve extra points for are units almost no one uses .... for good reason. they all pretty much suck.

An ethereal. Unless you automatically win your match because you chose to bring out the most useless and squishy hq choice ever ... in any army, no one would ever field this.

I would like to see what comp they give SM armies. If you have this info please post it. If you dont, please get it cause I really would like to know.

ok, past all that, depending on the total army points you can build with and what they consider a high amount of any particular weapon system etc is, I think you can still do a nice workable force that fits within the comp rules. I wouldn't go out of my way to add the unusal units but atleast you can make your army be competitive without getting negative comp points.

Another question, how well is your army painted?
    ----------

This is probably something of a left over from 4rth edition where the jump shoot jump behind cover really ticked off our opponents. I agree with the sentiment though. While our army definitely has its strengths, we are not an over powering army.
    I don't know the amount before it will become negative, but i am guessing 2-3 squads for FK would be negative.

Yea i agree i just wanted to hear other opinions i´ll think ill screw the comp and just go for painting and winning.

Here´s what i got on SM:
    Space Marines (All chapters)

-
    Using an high amount of: Lascannons, Powerfists, Assault cannons, Storm shields (even on Assault Terminators)
    Razorbacks with Heavy bolter or Multimelta (IA)
    Vulkan in an armie that really taking advantage of his special rules
    Marneus Calgar
    Kor'sarro Khan
    Tarantula (IA)
    Deathstorm pod (IA) (A lot negative points)
    Scout bikes

+
    Honour guard
    Command squad
    Servitors
    Tech marine
    Legion of the Damned
    Vanguard

And my painting i think i am ok, i hate when people ask me.. I just can´t take credit..
    Well i guess i need to take a few pics and show you guys

Jim.
    ----------
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidlyObeseMonkey View Post

I want to kill myself.

M.O.M.
    Well i hope it is for the greater good, hah! J/K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Here are some i took today, well pics looks ok but i feel the painting and colors doesn't show like they should damn light.. If you stand on some distance it will look good, lol .. heh.. enjoy anyway
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Padea; September 23rd, 2009 at 09:25.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Not a bad paint job. You wont win best paint job, not that I am trying to knock ya. I consider myself pretty good but there are people out there that really blow my meager abilities away. the important thing with painting is to be uniform, clean lines and make sure everything is based. I really like your basing on the kroot. Overall a pretty good job.

While I don't like comp scores and the ones you have showed seem really restricive, I suggest building a competetive list. I think you can easily build a good solid list that does not overload you on the things you will be docked on. Well, that is if they don't count everything together.

Definitely go especially if you haven't done a lot of tournaments. I really enjoy doing tournaments. Meeting new players, the challenge and if you place well, it's just cool.
    - Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast