exodites - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: exodites

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exodites

hi people ive tried to build an exodite army list using the craftworld codex, and based it on the alaitoc army,

HQ, farseer and three warlocks

TROOPS, huge squads of guardians two with platforms(mounted on creatures)
    rangers and pathfinders

ELITES kept this to Fire dragons, striking scorpions, warp spiders.full squads with exarchs

FAST ATTACK two squads of swooping hawks and one unit of cavalry, based on the really old codex.

HEAVY SUPPORT consist of one falcon and a dragon type creature which i made using the tyranid design rules ws4 bs3 s6 t6 w4 i4 A2 ld10 sv3 its winged has 2 mass points(but not sure about those) has terror and warpblast/flame breath scything and rending

at 366 points mounts a guardian at 8pts and a pomel mounted brightlance at 25/30 pts
    this is a desert themed army so all the heavy weapon mounts are themed on creatures and as you can see it is techno lacking on purpose i only took these elites as they are creatures that you might associate with desert areas (sort of)!!

comments would be welcomed

greetings to all in the aether.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds interesting, I'm trying to do something dragon themed too.
    Currently working on a HE Dragon conversion to be seating a Farseer (as Farseer on jetbike)

You could probably get Dark Elf riders (the ones on raptors) if you wanted to make some fancy storm guardians (obviously no movement benefit) or you could make some jetbike guardian squads using the same concept and mount some form of weapon to the raptors (the raptors are amazing models).

I'm more a fan of trying to use current rules to sit in models (that accurately represent the rules in their own way) so people can't argue.
    I thought about making a 'dragon' model as a wraithlord since its probably the easiest representation, having two flamers (representing fire breath or something) a wraithsword (possibly to make it a bit better in CC - but just represented by the dragons jaws) and the possibility of some ranged weaponry, which could be mounted anywhere (maybe through the tail).
    At a stretch it could be a wraithlord dragon, perhaps some archaic eldar ally whoes soul was captured in a soulstone by some strange turn of events while defending an exodite town from attack, and unable to settle in the worlds infinity circuit, was crafted a new body for defending its world and allies. (excuse my ramblings )

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Yeah you could run an Exodite list with the current Codex. It wouldn't be all that good but that's the price of a themed army. Just lots of Guardians with Warlocks, Farseer or Autarch both work equally well for an HQ.

You could make War Walkers out of some beasts I'm sure and Rangers are fine as you mentioned. Not exactly a competitive build but a fun list to play and who expects Eldar to run 6 Troop choices? :]
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there some fluff I don't know about saying that exodites don't have aspect warriors etc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by kriswithak View Post
    Is there some fluff I don't know about saying that exodites don't have aspect warriors etc?
    Well, exodites believe that the craftworld are wrong in their ways, thus they don't follow "the path" as it is called among Eldar. The path is what leads the craftworld Eldar through their lives, changing jobs every 40ish years and thus learning slowly about the world and about themselves. Eventually along the path all Eldar join one of the warrior aspects, and stay on it for the required time before leaving and going on to new occupations. So since exodites don't follow the path they also wouldn't have aspect warriors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If thats true then they couldn't have pretty much anything except Guardians, Harlies, Wraithguards and Wraithlords (assuming they use wraithbone in this manner)
    Seems a bit far fetched. Also where is the fluff about not following paths? (source) Even rangers follow the 'path of the wanderer'

Also considering that Biel Tan strive to defend the exodite worlds it would seem unlikely that there is no contact between them, and that some exodites aren't trained in craftworlds or visa versa, would seem logical that some exodites are just eldar who grew tired of the craftworld and settled for a simple life, albeit with all the skills they accrued over their lifetime.

I certainly won't be limiting myself to guardians for an exodite world mainly because most of the fluff and lore is so open ended almost any well thought out storyline could be true in a universe of infinite possibilities.

Tyr
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the fluff IS pretty clear on this, but you just need to think a bit outside the box; Here are some possibilities:
    - the exodites are supported by the Biel Tan Craftworld (firm fluff grounding)
    - the units you chose (ie, scorpions) are not, in fact, aspect warriors, but hunters, an obscure cult, the leaders bodyguard/ most trusted warriors, or whatever you may think of that might have the same or similar stats and wargear. This would allow you quite a ot of freedom in converting.

In any case, you could easily fit in jetbikes/shining spears (as dragonriders), guardians/stormguardians, Vypers (a flying beast?), autarchs, farseers, warlocks, rangers, pathfinders, support weapon platforms (ever noticed how the vibro cannon works in a similar way to the WHF spearthrowers?), and whatever you may think of as "counts as" aspect warriors. Just try to not use them out of the box.

Hope this helps!
    "Better to crush an ant with a boulder, than flick lazily at it, possibly miss, and then have it bite you in the ass." The Awakened One

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted a source for where this exodite fluff is coming from, rather than just a blanket statement of "thats what it says"
    Are there any exodite novels?
    I only have the last two codex's and can't find anything that suggests they don't follow the 'path' or have aspect warriors.

Obviously aspect warriors could represent pretty much anything with a bit of imagination though.

Thinks he's a big deal rafis117's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x4)

Hmm...noticed that you borrowed from other codices...such as 'nids. I'm not sure if that is allowed.
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

codexes

didnt borrow from codex exactly, just white dwarf! and only because i thought this was a fair way to build the dragons stats.
    greetings to all in the aether.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast