Nid Newb Questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nid Newb Questions

Hi all,

I have a few questions for you seasoned nid players. I've played a few other armies, taken a nearly two year break from playing, and have just recently bought up a bunch of lots that have given me models for about 5 different armies. So 've set to throwing together the nids i have and here is what came up.

1. Can yout ake more than one of a biomorph. The biomorph summary page says no. However, in the indvidual listings it has * next to certain biomorphs to indicate that only one may be taken, so does that mean others youc an take more than one of? I know it's probably a simple question, but i'm tired and it's not clear to me lol

2. Can nids be effective at lower points levels? I don't have a huge amount and I don't want to buy mroe models until i determine if i realy like them or not. I almost have them completely painted so i want to throw them on the table and see if it strikes me.

I'm working with the following models.

broodlord
    tyrant guard
    21 genestealers
    zoeanthrope
    2 lictors
    3 warriors. One with vennom cannon the others with death spitters

I apreciate any and all positive imput!

In the Castle of Pain on a Mountain of Skulls I sat on a Throne of Blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of Evil!

- Vigo the Carpathian

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Blackstone View Post
    1. Can yout ake more than one of a biomorph. The biomorph summary page says no. However, in the indvidual listings it has * next to certain biomorphs to indicate that only one may be taken, so does that mean others youc an take more than one of? I know it's probably a simple question, but i'm tired and it's not clear to me lol

Can't take the same biomorph twice except Adrenal Glands, because there are two versions of it. You can take the same gun/weapons twice though like Scything Talons or Deathspitters.

2. Can nids be effective at lower points levels? I don't have a huge amount and I don't want to buy mroe models until i determine if i realy like them or not. I almost have them completely painted so i want to throw them on the table and see if it strikes me.

Yes, they have very durable MCs, Outflankers, very fast units and great shooting against non-armor. They can be fine at lower points.

broodlord
    tyrant guard
    21 genestealers
    zoeanthrope
    2 lictors
    3 warriors. One with vennom cannon the others with death spitters

Invest in some MCs, Tyrants and Carnifexes are used in almost all good armies. Right now you can't make an army that's all that good. Some Gaunts and MCs would go a long way.
    Hope that helps.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

Hi all,

I have a few questions for you seasoned nid players. I've played a few other armies, taken a nearly two year break from playing, and have just recently bought up a bunch of lots that have given me models for about 5 different armies. So 've set to throwing together the nids i have and here is what came up.

the reason they are highlighted is because, as PoE said, you can take more than one weapon biomorph usually, and the star is on units that can't.

I find a swarm army at low points to be devastating. With a rare occurance of tanks in low point games, you ca really load up on gaunts. More than most armies can bring enough fire on to kill.

broodlord - good leader, but i hate the model

tyrant guard you can't use this unless you get a tyrant. personally, i hate tyrants. but if you want one, get one

21 genestealers my favourite unit If you look in the army list section, you'll see i'm making a genestealer army at the moment. I'd recommend you put 10 of them with the broodlord and outflank the other 11 by giving them scuttlers. With the infiltrate of the broodlord, and the outflank of the scuttling 'stealers you'll get something hitting hard very quickly

zoanthrope I like them, but mainly for their abilities in higher point games. In low point games, with the right powers, they can anihilate infantry though

2 lictorsagain, a good unit that can come on and provide support where it is needed.

3 warriors. One with vennom cannon the others with death spitters I like Warriors, but not that much To be honest. You have a varied role unit which is good for a low point game, but bad for a large. You want one unit kitted out to anti tank, and one kitted out the infantry if you can. this one can do both, which, like i said, in low point games can be good, but is a bad idea in high point games.

I apreciate any and all positive imput!
    Over all, as PoE said, your army won't be all that effective. I'd recommend more gaunts. Bringing carnifexes with extended carapace and reinforced chitin in a low points game will be fun. Not many armies have Ap 2 in a low point game

if you need anymore help, feel free to ask.

Hope i helped mate
    Last edited by Sir Spamalot; September 26th, 2009 at 16:44.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,
    Look at the codex on page 39, the Genestealer page, theres an * beside Feeder Tendrils, Flesh Hooks and Acid Maw meaning you cant take all 3 biomorphs on the same model. Because assaulting into cover and going at initiative with rerolls both to hit and wound would be redonculous.

+ Reply to Thread