Best Speed freaks build? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which one is best for 2k speed freaks?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • More trukk boys

19 63.33%
  • more bikers

6 20.00%
  • other

5 16.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Speed freaks build?

IM trying to find out what is the best way to go with a 2k speed freeks army

i have 3 bikes 2 trukks and 300 boys so far so im wondering i i should do like lots of bikes then 2 or 3 trukk boys or just some bikes and 5 or 6 trukk boys? please share your thoughts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

If you have 300 boyz you're going to need a lot more trukks.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO you will need at least 2-3 battlewagons, trukks and some bikes to give support and harrass light to medium infantry. Nob bikers are a popular choice too.
    Ork Latin Lover since 1980

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

My favorite setup for 2000 points is something along the lines of this:

1-2 units of 20 shoota boyz w/nob, powerklaw, and bosspole, in a battlewagon w/big shoota, grot riggers, and deffrolla

2-3 units of trukkboyz, and/or meganobz w/combi-skorchas in trukks (I usually use 1 such unit, with a big mek w/kff, cybork, and bosspole attached)

1-2 units of warbikers and/or nob bikers

I also like using rokkit buggies, lootas, grots (for objective grabbing), and the aforementioned big mek w/cybork and Kustom Force Field.
    Last edited by mynameisgrax; September 30th, 2009 at 16:00.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I'd get 3 Wagons and get Trukks as needed from there. Mass Trukk/Wagon rush with a Bike squad hiding until charge range seems effective to me.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

My opinion of the various units are:

Warbikes - very weak. You almost have to have them in a speed freaks army unless you're just doing a monster trukk rally.

Sluggas in a trukk - good, but fragile. They are too small to take advantage of fearlessness and are quickly overwhelmed. On the other hand you can take a lot of units of them (keep the trukks cheap!)

Shootas in a battlewagon - this unit is shockingly powerful. I can't really crunch numbers on it (and don't care anyway), but in a battle these guys can put on a serious amount of hurt.

Deffkoptas - I'm not as sold on these as others, but it is defintely fun to bring them in on the flank and take rokkit shots.

Wartrakks - cheap and effective fire support.

I've also seen Burnas jump into a 'borrowed' trukk on turn one and take off...nice trick.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

I'm not a fan of the 'borrowed' trukk plan, simply because 10-12 slugga/shoota boyz aren't really good for much of anything if they don't have a transport. You're better off with grots, for half the points.

Warbikes aren't weak, but Cossack has a point, they're not that tough either. They're highly mobile support units, that can easily tip a battle in your favor by laying down some dakka, joining in an assault, or supercharging toward distant enemy tanks, to assault them next turn. They are not, however, a heavy hitter, and won't survive on their own. They give support, but they also need it.

Trukkboyz are pretty much the same way, only they're troops, making them a bit more useful in most games. They really shine when you unload 2 or more trukks into your opponent's front line. That's when the battle seriously tips in your favor. Just be careful not to use too many, as the kill points stack up quickly, and be sure to give them some cover, like a battlewagon in front, or a KFF.

Wartrakks are DYNAMITE. Either rokkits or skorchas work very well, and are incredible for their cost.

Deffkoptas are good, but not for a speed freaks list. I like them in footslogger lists, to add some outflanking mobile firepower to the list. Speed freaks do better with warbikes and wartrakks/warbuggies.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks ill rewrite and get to work then post it for review

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

:::REMINDER:::

Please don't forget to add a closing date to your polls.

thanks,

~Rabbit
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The flavors of Dr. Pepper? Just a thought....

Lord Dnigh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast