What units are magnets needed for? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What units are magnets needed for?

Should I worry about magnetizing basic Fire Units or anything in the starter Battle force (kroots, stealth suits, etc.) beyond the Crisis suit? I'm kind of worried that the weapons I choose to give my Fire Warriors ( the big, longer gun or the shorter gun, heh) will be 'wrong' or something.

Last edited by Cinderwild; October 1st, 2009 at 00:46.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    191 (x3)

Not really kroot, limited steath weapons and wargear can be magnitized. Almost all of my hard points on my crisis suits are magnatized.

Hammer head and ion guns are magnatized, pirahna gun is, plus seperate points on the vehicals on for wargear or seeker missles.
    NECRON Army List Builder a Free excel capable list generator for 5th and 6th ed. 11/2011
    Necrons - 6000 points, Tau - 6000, Daemons - 5250, Eldar - 4500, Blood Angels - 5000
    Some pics form my hobby. http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r...arodragon/40k/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about Fire Warriors? I really don't want to assemble my guys and found out I had too many long guns or short guns and its all ruined.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

191 (x3)

Pretty difficult to mag them all. I just have extra of the carbines if I want to include them in my list. 90% of them are rifles.
    NECRON Army List Builder a Free excel capable list generator for 5th and 6th ed. 11/2011
    Necrons - 6000 points, Tau - 6000, Daemons - 5250, Eldar - 4500, Blood Angels - 5000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I guess my main concern then is whether or not I want rifles or carbines (thats long and short guns, right?)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

191 (x3)

75% of the people will say rifles.. Tau are not great on assultive actions. With the carbines under the new space marine codex it is easier to pin units. I myself may start using them more. You really have to play the two with different playstyles.

Id probably start with a full unit of rifles and build up some carbines from there with your next box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When in doubt, just go all Pulse Rifles.
    They're the standard gun, yes, but they have higher range, strength and AP.

Only plus of Carbine is the Pinning check, and when the enemies are all Space Marines (grrr....), they're not really useful. Most easily Pinnable units can easily be killed anyways.

And as camarodragon said, its VERY difficult to magenetize EVERY Fire Warrior. You're probably better off buying another set of Fire Warriors.

(seriously, in CA, with ~10 dollars an hour, you only need 4h to get a new set, and magnetizing takes about...... never done it for FW)
    Live for the Swarm!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, thanks everyone.

+ Reply to Thread