Swarm master Tyranids VS Orcs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who is the Ultimate SWARM MASTER!

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • TYRANIDS

29 39.73%
  • ORCS

44 60.27%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swarm master Tyranids VS Orcs

Well i only recently started playing the nids but i have just realized that the bugs aren't the masters of swarm. In my opinion the orcs are. they have more attacks more toughness more strength on the charge more weapon skill better guns and can have as many Models as the Tyranids. The only thing the nids have on them in swarm power is they are faster have higher initiative and are better at shooting (but who cares about that when swarming). Also an orc boy costs 3 or 2 points less than an average gaunt and gretchins cost 7 or 6 points less.

So i wanted to know your opinion on this so i started this pole. I am voting orcs.

P.S I Still Love the bugs. FOR THE HIVE!

I know you may find the Tyranids physically repellent to look at but believe me, you don't want to let them out of your sight.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like tyranids and i dont play orcs however I feel like sawrm nid armies lack anti tank.

I saw orc armies that are really big in numbers and have antitank power (at least thats how I feel)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Technically If you want numbers tyranids are still up there, but ork boyz are easily better than spinegaunts, and apart form leaping and iniative there better than hormagaunts.

Dont worry if rumors are true then tyranid swarm is coming back in january.

In tourneys Tyranids are actually very little in numbers with the advent of nidzilla

WHat antitank have orks got btw, im interested to know.
    Last edited by 16Ogretyrant07; October 2nd, 2009 at 16:26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

As a 'nid player I painfully voted for the Orks. Currently, the Orks just do swarms better than Tyranids. I hope with the new release of the Tyranid codex right around the corner that once again the Tyranids take the number 1 slot in swarm armies.
    Tyranid and Eldar player....don't ask me how I ended up playing these two armies, just smile, nod, slowly move away and don't make eye contact!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sad to say i have to agree with the OP, orks > nids in swarmyness at this point. Hopefully this will change, but even if it doesnt, the great beast conquers all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orc's anti-tank include Power klaws and big guns. Both of which are easy to get in a swarm army.
    Just a man.... with a chainsword.......

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

I voted Orks. From a balanced standpoint, ork swarms are better. Lots of shots, great in cc and with a chance to wreck vehicles with their PK's.

However, you pit 6 mobs of 30 ork boyz against 6 squads of 32 gaunts w/toxin sacs, spinefists & without numbers and my money is on the gaunts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but then the gaunts end up costing 5 more points and that means the orcs get 900 points more to spend of stuff
    I know you may find the Tyranids physically repellent to look at but believe me, you don't want to let them out of your sight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Tyranids should win this but they wont as the above posters have said ork boyz are better value than gaunts but i find that the orks rely on theyre transports ALOT. Tyranids dont. I think it would be nice if Tyranids had some sort of transport but i dont see how it would work. I would rather see a heavy Gaunt and Stealer army than an army full of fexes and tyrants. but thats just my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the current state, orks are better swarms than tyranids, by far. Their shooting and also the ability to hide a power klaw in mobs makes them far superior to tyranid swarms.

That said, I hope that the upcoming codex will change the current situation and give us back the swarm!

(the fact that despite being posted in the nid forum the orks are winning should give away that the nids are not the best swarm army out there nowadays...)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast