DE conversions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DE conversions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

DE conversions

Hmm...a thought had slipt though my mind.

I've always wanted to convert my DE and make them look better,but with the constant rumors of "DE are 5-6-7-8- months away" has always put me off painting and converting them up.

I have a entire Dark Elf army,love the models but i don't like fantasy all that much,so am thinking of converting some warriors to make them look more 5th ed type warriors,my main idea is to use dark elf heads on my warriors and possibly keep the chain mail robes since it makes them have the "enslaver" look to them.

Pretty similer if you ask me,with the splinter rifle and the editional spikes.

What do you think on the idea?.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I'm pretty sure I've seen that done somewhere and it looked very nice. A lot of people have done the same for Eldar/Woodelves and the kits just mesh well. The Crossbowmen don't even need arm conversions, they can hold a Splinter Rifle comfortably.

Decent money investment but I think it'd be cool. People would probably appreciate it also, DE Warriors are kind of meh as far as the heads imo.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes it has been done by several peopel already, I myself converted dark elf witches into dark eldar wyches. I'm not such a fan of mixing too many dakr elf with dark eldar, but it doesn't look bad if you do it right.

Note on the artwork: it's just artwork, previous artowrk warriors look different from minis as well, no reason for the new DE warriors to look anything like the artwork.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by kharandhil View Post
    yes it has been done by several peopel already, I myself converted dark elf witches into dark eldar wyches. I'm not such a fan of mixing too many dakr elf with dark eldar, but it doesn't look bad if you do it right.
    I've done that already
    Managed to snag myself some cheap wych elves on ebay.

Just finished a warrior tell me what you think
    Last edited by JeremyKyle; October 3rd, 2009 at 16:18.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

I can show you mine tommorow i had a lil greenstuff on eldar guardian heads and corsair torsos hope you like em
    The strong will always enslave the weak. Where the strong make their own fate, the weak bow their heads and succumb. There are few who are strong and many are their enemies, and the greatest of those enemies is the false Emperor of Mankind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting how it turned out. But show us a fully painted one. It should give a far better impression of the end result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like dark eldar in skirts and I doubt I'm the only one.
    I've seen some eldar avengers converted like this who looked very decent.

This looks like a good corsair (or weird guardian), but the only DE piece he has are the blades and that's not enough to represent the DE spirit.

I you wanna do conversions, spend enough time doing them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by kharandhil View Post
    I don't like dark eldar in skirts and I doubt I'm the only one.
    I've seen some eldar avengers converted like this who looked very decent.

This looks like a good corsair (or weird guardian), but the only DE piece he has are the blades and that's not enough to represent the DE spirit.

I you wanna do conversions, spend enough time doing them.
    U r so mean ;_;

Also i'm not going to bother making excuses why this is poor,i made it out of spare bits,i don't have my Dark elves from my other house so i might post pics when i get time,and actually finish a squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Not to be a downer but I'm just not a fan of this conversion. He looks to much like an eldar guardian with chainmail legs. But, I also don't have any suggestions of how to do it better so don't take my comments too harshly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

A day late but still here are a few images of my dark eldar warrior test subjects, hope you like em

they are still in the works, thinking of adding some spikes to the guardian legs ect...
    anywho i want you opinion if i should continue or ditch the project
    The strong will always enslave the weak. Where the strong make their own fate, the weak bow their heads and succumb. There are few who are strong and many are their enemies, and the greatest of those enemies is the false Emperor of Mankind

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast