How does WON work exactlly? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does WON work exactlly?

How do you redeploy the unit.

This week i played with a large squad of 32 gaunts that had WoN. I placed them in a huge line touching base to base so it was about a 32" line of gaunts on my deployment zone. Also all of my synapse was dead at this time.

Do you place them on the board and then test for instinctive behavior or do you test and then place them on the board?

Or what if you don't want to move and just want to shoot. do you place them on the board and just shoot or would you need a test first to even move then on the board.

If you test for them and they fail do they immediately die because they are on the board edge?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Im not totally sure the exact ruling on this, but to my knowlege, you place on the board an act noramlly for that turn only. Then you test for behavior. Otherwise you would have to pass the test, to even come on the board, where you will probably fail afterwards and run off. Ill check the FAQ to make sure.

Edit, checked FAQ and got nothing, however id be inclinded to think you may as well bring them on, becuase unless your opponent is really close, your just going to run away next turn anyway. perhaps you may want to also post this on the rules forum?
    Last edited by Heirodule; October 4th, 2009 at 21:52.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another question regarding WoN, How many of my gaunts have to die before i can place them back on the table edge?

I know this is a noobie question, but the codex im reading is German so its a little hard to understand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

The entire brood must die before they may come on as a new brood. This is why you don't usually see very large broods with WoN as the more there are, the harder you have to work to get them all killed.
    Tyranids & Daemons: Soul & Biomatter please.

LO Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WON gaunts come in as normal for the turn they enter play as if they've just been in synapse. At the start of the following turn they must pass the test. But at no point would they count as being able to capture an objective unless a synapse creature is in range

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it true? I was under the impression that you could capture objectives with them just fine. Where does it say that they need to be under synapse to control objectives?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can capture if you continously pass ld tests, but i'm too realistic to consider that an option lol (sorry should have mentioned that as well)... If they fail the test they fall back (units falling back can not capture), or if you opt to lurk with them then they can not capture points either (2nd bullet point on instinctive behaviour)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Do remember that we DON'T fall back towards our table edge under normal circumstances. As long as we have synapse on the board we fall back toward the nearest synapse creature. So having them die and come back on early like turn 3 is not a bad thing.
    Tyranids & Daemons: Soul & Biomatter please.

LO Rules

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Anarkhia666 View Post
    WON gaunts come in as normal for the turn they enter play as if they've just been in synapse. At the start of the following turn they must pass the test.
    Right, because the rulebook states that any rules that might force a unit to move in a certain direction or could keep it from moving at all are ignored for the turn the unit enters play. (Page 94. Though the without number gaunts are not technically reserves they do come onto the table as if they were...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for clearing that up, Anarkhia. It works then as I suspected... they can capture on a successful Ld check or in the turn they come into play

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast