Dark Eldar Wargear - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Eldar Wargear

Hi, I've just been reading through the war gear in the DE Codex, and a lot of it is pretty awesome. But I have a feeling when the New dex finally comes out hey will nerf/remove/massive price hike a lot of it. Things i think are particularly likely to suffer this fate are:
    Scissor Hands (mostly because wounding on a 2+ But i absolutely LOVE this weapon)
    Stinger (My personal favourite ranged weapon ever, But It has rather unusual effects, and confuses everyone i try to explain it to. Also it wounds on 2+)
    Poisoned Weapons (I don't think anyone really has a wounding on 2+ weapons anymore)
    Wych weapons (They'll stay, but probably wont be as good or will cost too much to be practical)
    Agoniser (they'll prolly raise the cost)
    Punisher (I doubt they will, but I'm just adding this cause i really hope they don't, its pretty much the only thing that thats us affect things we hit lol)
    Combat Drugs (they'll probably remove some of the better effects)

So, am i just going crazy? Or are our weapons at risk?
    (I think that anything poisoned is definetly gettin nerfed or massive price increase...)

Edit: Also soul seeker ammunition.

Last edited by PanthersClaw; October 6th, 2009 at 16:33.
    Dark Eldar - Everyone stole Our 2+ Poisons

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by PanthersClaw View Post
    Hi, I've just been reading through the war gear in the DE Codex, and a lot of it is pretty awesome. But I have a feeling when the New dex finally comes out hey will nerf/remove/massive price hike a lot of it.
    I don't think so,imo DE need more weapons choice,and hopefully in the new dex we will get POISONED weapon rules,not just have the name poisoned and it count for jackshit.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Dark Eldar being nerfed in any way is very unlikely, to be honest. The way more recent codices are now, if anything Dark Eldar will gain bigger and better wargear and choices. Some point costs may change, and some rules may be swapped out (most probably for the better), but for the most part, I doubt Dark Eldar players will have any reason to fear the codex update when it comes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, the gentleman above me is beyond correct - just look at JotWW. People argue there is not a codex creep but seriously, take a look at the last few books and tell me they aren't over the top.

Dark Eldar will be swimming in Dark Lances with their new book. It wouldn't surprise me if we got a Dark Land minigun at the rate 40K is headed. I would expect combat drugs to get a major overhaul as well, in the best way possible. Also, dual wielding agonizers!

The point is that Dark Eldar, with the current state of 40K, have nowhere to go but up. Both in terms of gameplay, and in price.
    Last edited by adhesivespatula; October 6th, 2009 at 19:07. Reason: Broken spacebar :(
    0/0/0 Dark Eldar 0/0/0 Skaven0/0/0 Chaos Dwarfs
    Starting on January 1st 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by adhesivespatula View Post

The point is that Dark Eldar, with the current state of 40K, have nowhere to go but up. Both in terms of gameplay, and in price.
    And MODELS!11!11!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

witchblades witchblades witchblades

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

I would personally like to see a reversion back to the past with some things, like consolidating into combat and charging after rapid fire, even though thatís more to do with the core rules at the moment, I would like them to be Codex specific exceptions to 5th Ed.

And a straightening out of the kinks, whatís with an Archon who has BS6 and can only take a piddling splinter pistol? Either drop the pointís cost or give him access to the entire armoury including the Destructor! Itís not like it will be out of character in the brave new world of 5th generation Space Marine Codexís.

So I am for making what we have workable firstly, then ramp it up to be even with what else is available.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

they're going to invent frostblades for them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

I'm intrigued to know what you think is good about soul seeker ammunition.

On the other points I can almost see what you mean (except a punisher is no where near as good as a relic blade for similar points). GW has done odd things with prices of weapons, but the soul seeker I'm really not sure on.
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

my comments in blue

Scissor Hands (mostly because wounding on a 2+ But i absolutely LOVE this weapon)
    Wounding on a 2+ is a signature ability of the DE imo. It is here to stay. The scissorhand is balanced because it allows armor saves. The price is fine because you have to use an HQ slot and pay more points per model to field it.

Stinger (My personal favourite ranged weapon ever, But It has rather unusual effects, and confuses everyone i try to explain it to. Also it wounds on 2+)
    Odd. The stinger is probably my least favorite. No AP really hurts because you only get one shot and you are already very close to the target. In comparison to the destructor, it's not even worth mentioning. IMO, the stinger needs major improvement. It's signature ability (the explosion) doesn't work thanks to the method of wound allocation, because the defending player just puts the blast where it does the least amount of damage.

Poisoned Weapons (I don't think anyone really has a wounding on 2+ weapons anymore)
    Like I said before. It's ours, and we're keeping it (hopefully). It does need the re-roll wounds half of poisoned weapons though. It also needs to do away with the restriction of not being able to use another weapon. This would probably make it 10 pts, but that would be okay with me.

Wych weapons (They'll stay, but probably wont be as good or will cost too much to be practical)
    [COLOR="blue"]They'll be simplified, but largely the same in function I think. Just as good as they are now, because the current setup has them at a good balance point.[/blue]

Agoniser (they'll prolly raise the cost)
    The agoniser is probably going to outright replace the power weapon option (which never gets used), and it could very well end up costing the same points. Whether it does that or not, it will likely be 5 points cheaper for single-wound models.

Punisher (I doubt they will, but I'm just adding this cause i really hope they don't, its pretty much the only thing that thats us affect things we hit lol)
    The punisher is safe. I'm 99% sure of it.

Combat Drugs [I](they'll probably remove some of the better effects)
    They'll probably tweak the options to each be equally useful, which will make the drugs will be better overall.

So, am i just going crazy? Or are our weapons at risk? Yes. No.
    (I think that anything poisoned is definetly gettin nerfed or massive price increase...)
    You're worrying about it too much. There's no reason to think GW will make us a new codex just to nerf everything we like about them.

SS ammo is useless as is. I definitely see it becoming available to whole squads and splinter cannons in the future.
    People argue there is not a codex creep but seriously, take a look at the last few books and tell me they aren't over the top.
    The good thing is that once every army finally gets its share of the codex creep, we will all be on much more equal terms.

Dark Eldar will be swimming in Dark Lances with their new book. It wouldn't surprise me if we got a Dark Land minigun at the rate 40K is headed.
    We definitely need more weapon options. One of those should have a lot of shots (6+), and one should have a range of at least 48".

Quote Originally Posted by Kelter Skelter View Post
    witchblades witchblades witchblades
    Would be really useful. Problem is that Dark Eldar do not use psychic weapons very often (only the Nightmare Doll currently). It's considered extremely dangerous to dabble in psychic abilities in DE society. It's never explained exactly why, but psykers probably make particularly juicy targets for torturing. That said, we need a CC weapon that can be useful against vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
    I would personally like to see a reversion back to the past with some things, like consolidating into combat and charging after rapid fire, even though thatís more to do with the core rules at the moment, I would like them to be Codex specific exceptions to 5th Ed.

And a straightening out of the kinks, whatís with an Archon who has BS6 and can only take a piddling splinter pistol? Either drop the pointís cost or give him access to the entire armoury including the Destructor! Itís not like it will be out of character in the brave new world of 5th generation Space Marine Codexís.
    Consolidation is a tough one. It was removed with good reason, and if DE were the only ones to get an exception to the rule, people would not look favorably upon the army. That said, the change hurts us more than most, so GW will need to figure out how to tip the scales back a little in the other direction. Perhaps DE should be able to consolidate further (thanks to their extra "fleetness"), which would give them a better chance of getting back into cover after an assault. Alternatively, we could simply be given a few special unit choices that can stand up to a round of gunfire.

Rapid fire is probably going to be a thing of the past for DE. They will surely have assault guns. I'm thinking 24" range for Warriors is probably going to go down to 18" with 2 assault shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
    An Archon with a destructor? That wastes the BS too, and also makes the Haemonculus obsolete. The Archon does need more choices. The xenospasm & terrorfex are decent choices, but they are extremely specialized against certain targets, so that makes them hard to use points on. The Autarch is known for using big guns as well as close combat strength, so I could definitely see the Archon doing the same.

--ē-My 40K projects-ē--

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast