Wych Cult Or Army Of Shadows - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well what are the pros and cons or the strenghts and weaknesses of between the two

if you don't know what an army of shadows is it basically makes extensive use of Mandrakes and anything that can deepstike (Hellions, Scourges) certain things like a talos can come through a WWP though and all raiders must have screaming jets.

i like the fluff in both and so on and so forth

Thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Army of Shadows
    PRO:
    Originality - I bet no one you know locally has one, or has even heard of it
    I would imagine a perfectly coordinated attack on turn 3 would leave most spectators speechless and split the vote between "How cheesy" and "Brilliant Strategy". Although I think most people will see the inherent weak point: relying on good reserve rolls.

CON:
    Very susceptible to bad random rolls for Reinforcements. Your defeats will be total.

Wytch Cult
    PRO:
    Tried, tested and true, and feared throughout the known universe. Fast and assaulty, and one of the only RUSH armies left under the new rules.
    Looks totally awesome, wytches (and hellions) are some of the best DE models.

CONS:
    Strategically dull. Each game will bring different terrain and opponents but the army really only works one way, charge and assault.

War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know.

I eventually plan on having a Kabal, Wych Cult, Army of Shadows, AND Haemonculi Coven.

All will be different and fun to play in its own right.

Have you looked at Haemonculi too??? They are cool as well.
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know it is all your choice. Make a different kind of dark eldar army - or possibly start another one. Whatever you want. A shadow army is crazy, but I am not to crazy about it due to that you have 1 turn to attack. Check out eldar online for an article about it.

A wych cult is cool , but medic is right. You can only assault, and the opponent will expect that already. Explosive in the beginning, dull in the end. KInda expensive too

I would just stick to my current army and expand it. Then enter rogue traders and stuff. GO wild, use YOUR imagination.

Incubi
    "There is no middle ground. Strike Hard, strike fast and strike first."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i have looked at a haemonculus coven but under new rules their is no screening so that doesn't work for me as the grotesques are like worthless (it'd be nice to see a coven lead by Urien Rakarath and Uber Grotesques

vell as in the codex under leltih it says you can join her wych cult with a kabal by rules described on page 131 of the main rulebook I have that book and it says nothing on 131 and i can't find it anywhere does anyone know about this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you had a shodow army whould it be worth it to invest in grotesques. They could come in normaly (ie. not in reserves) and they are resiliant enough not to die right away. Get them behind cover and viola! Whould this work feedback pleasse...
    Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    ------------------------------------------
    <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?jefftheworld' target='_blank'>DONT CLICK HERE...OR ELSE...</a>
    ------------------------------------------
    <a href='http://members.rogers.com/jalyanak' target='_blank'>The Legendary Dark Eldar Army</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where do I find info on these armies?
    That&#39;s tough... but that&#39;s exactly why I invented the USSR&#33;

Currently playing:

World Eaters - 2000pts
    Dark Eldar - 2000pts
    Imp. Guard - 2000pts, 270 men

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Originally posted by dragooon457@Sep 7 2004, 07:20
    Where do I find info on these armies?
    [snapback]209206[/snapback]
    eldar online

jefftheworld
    Since Grots can&#39;t screen in 4th Ed the only role they can perform is as a HtH troop or costly mobile obstacles. And there are better toop choices for each, namely wytches and raiders.
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

Closed Thread