Nids Vs Terminators - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played against my friends Ultra Marines tonight and got turned into a bloody pulp by his Termies, he took 10 in a 1500pt game, although I managed to charge them with the 9 stealers(of a brood of 12) that stayed alive to get there, I chopped down 4 before he struck back and it was down hill from there!!!

I killed 1 more before he wiped the stealers out and then he charged OOE. The One Eyed chap only had 2 wounds left which he promptly lost and I rolled a 1 for him to get back up!!!

I realize he got lucky with the dice against OOE, needing 6s to wound, and perhaps my stealers could have faired a little better, but the fact is the termies pretty much crippled my army and I was hoping someone could give me ideas on how to deal with them next time.

Oh for some AP2 weapons <_<

Short of firing at them with focused warp blasts which is more than a little overkill, I am out of ideas

I have to say though, an army designed for CC Nids really need a squad with power weapons, Rending Claws are only any use against the termies with 6s as everything else is gonna be saved pretty much.

The only satisfaction I had from the game was that I finally killed the resilient little blighters with my tyrant, supported by 2 raveners and 3 CC warriors. Unfortunately, knowing he was going to lose the combat, he got all his units to promptly blow the Nid survivors to pieces as soon as I`d killed off the Terminators

I am a newbie and he has been playing for years, perhaps I fouled up the tactics? I dunno. But I want to put up a better fight next time thats for sure any ideas would be appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well stealers arent the best match up for terminators. as u pointed out a few *may* die (inv save) but other then that they are going to save almost everything. id say do try this nect time. it works for me.

use a large brood of leaping scythe guants, (and w.e bio morphs u like) probably deathguants so its easier to wound. soften them up with this and when they are dead, or your guants are, finish with the tyrant with 2x ST. unless they are armed with thunder hammers and chainfists, then thats a bad idea.

wat were they armed with, that will make it easier to help you.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

giving what he mentioned I think it was a Terminator assault squad with Lightning Claws on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

203 (x5)

Mostly large broods of Deathgaunts, and finsh them with CC Warriors.The problem (as with all swarm amries) still is the heavy flammers.Anyway with the good use and a luck from the dice u wont have problems.Btw the most diff to counter is Slaanesh termis with doom siren, bat anyway u deal with the most simple Termies in the game, Ultramarines.
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you give your hive tyrant and carnifex VC, it autokills them. I gave them guns because they almost never make it into CC
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Originally posted by Barafiel@Aug 26 2004, 17:24
    If you give your hive tyrant and carnifex VC, it autokills them. I gave them guns because they almost never make it into CC
    [snapback]203632[/snapback]
    Instant kill does not negate any saves.

However, as it has been mentioned before, swamp &#39;em with gaunts.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw the most diff to counter is Slaanesh termis with doom siren, bat anyway u deal with the most simple Termies in the game, Ultramarines.
    I would have to disagree with you on this one nagato. For the same price as a slaanesh terminator, death guard ones arer much more resiliant. +1 T is harder to deal with for a swarm of gaunts than -1 their I.

But THE HARDEST terminators to deal with are thousand sons. I dont know how nids would have a chance to deal with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

203 (x5)

Originally posted by flinger Posted Yesterday+ 22:22 --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(flinger Posted Yesterday &#064; 22:22 )</div><div class='quotemain'>But THE HARDEST terminators to deal with are thousand sons[/b]

Hmm i always thought the best Termis is a DG Terminator.

<!--QuoteBegin-flinger Posted Yesterday
    @ 22:22
    But THE HARDEST terminators to deal with are thousand sons. I dont know how nids would have a chance to deal with them.[/quote]
    Again with lots of gaunts.
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Hmm... Depends.

For S3 gaunts DG termies are harder. Wounding on 6+ with one wound is exactly as resilient as wounding on 5+ with two wounds, but the DG termies do not suffer the other disadvantages of TS termies, and can have upgraded weapons. Rubric termies merely have normal power weapons and nevertheless strike at I1. DG termies also can spread nurgle&#39;s rot.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a long time player against the Blood Angels and Ultramarines, the best way to deal with them is make them make their saves over and over and over again. My opponent regularly takes a squad of nine termies.

The way to deal with them is to hit them with a swarm of Hormagaunts (leaping, S4, give them Initiative 5 too, keep in mind there is no point in making them WS4 since they&#39;ll hit on a 4+ anyway) and let them save against 20+ attacks at a time. The termies will die like mad. Once you have the squad down to about 3 termies, send in your Tyrant, make sure he has initiative 5 as well, and he can knock them out in one turn.

In general your whole brood of gaunts should cost about 220 points and your Tyrant should be about 180 points or so. If your opponent has 10 termies that is 420 points. As long as you are reasonably lucky with your rolls of the dice, you should be able to have your Tyrant come through the entire affair without taking a wound, leaving him fresh to go take on another battlefield menace.
    <a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Tyranids/aan' target='_blank'>Orange & Black Nids</a>

<a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Imperial-Guards/afh' target='_blank'>Cadain 8th</a>
    <a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Imperial-Guards/afi' target='_blank'>8th Officer</a>

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast