warbikers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: warbikers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

warbikers

ok so a couple question? Warbikers i no i need them but should they be nobz or just boyz and how many. should i put my warboss on a bike and do i need a big mek with kff this is 4 evil sunz btw

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

It depends on how you want to use them. Do you want a unit that will kill everything it touches or do you want a unit that will be used for finishing off damaged units and supporting other units in combat.

A Warboss on a bike is a very deadly model, give him a PK, cybork body and a kombi skorcha, stick him in a unit of bikers and go crazy.
    Lets go massacre something

I am a sexy shoeless god of war!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Sir Stompalot is right on about warbosses on bikes. They make great killing machines. I personally feel that putting them with nob bikers is overkill, and the best place for them is a normal group of 4-5 warbikers w/nob, powerklaw, and bosspole.

Anyway, despite looking similar, nob bikers and warbikers are very different units. Nob bikers are primarily close combat units that are meant to crush your opponent with overwhelming power. Of course, they're very expensive in points, and can be shot down by high strength shooting.

My favorite setup for them is: 6-7 nob bikers w/2-3 powerklaws, painboy, cybork bodies, waaaugh banner, bosspole, 2-3 combi-skorchas.

Warbikers are primarily a shooty unit that's meant to harass, weaken, and finish off enemy units. They're not really meant for the assault, except against enemy vehicles, which they can reach and klaw very quickly, usually after swinging behind them and shooting at back armor first. With 3 twin linked strength 5 shots a piece, their power is primarily shooting. However, they are expensive in points, so you shouldn't overspend on them, as they aren't that difficult to crush in close combat, or with ordnance.

My favorite setup is: 5-6 w/nob, powerklaw, and bosspole, possibly with the above warboss attached, if you're using one.

The big mek w/kff is better for larger forces, where you have a lot of units to protect. They work well in both horde and speed freaks armies, as long as they're kept close to your most important units. I highly recommend them.

Good luck!
    Last edited by mynameisgrax; October 13th, 2009 at 21:40.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

ive tested out 5 man biker boys a few games now. Maby its just me who uses them wrong, but they always seem to die before doing anything at all. Maby they are able to shoot once a game, thats it. Every game ive played ive lost 2 bikes, lost to leadership test and off they go.

Maby ill add the boss just to try them out, but I think they are hard to use.. but thats just me =D

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

The trick with bikes is you can never leave them out in the open. This is true for all bikes in 40k, not just Orks.

I'd start the bikes completely out of sight when you deploy (behind a vehicle or scenery) and on first turn you should turbo charge them up. I like running them up the side of the board, single file, so blast and ordnance shots can't hit too many at once, and have a good chance of scattering off the board entirely.

Then after that, use them to support your other units, in shooting mainly, and in the assault if needed. Don't throw them against enemy units 1 on 1. Warbikes are support units, that help tip battles in your favor, not win them entirely by themselves.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

If your having trouble finding cover to keep your warbikers out of LOS, Then i'd suggest keeping them in reserve! orks i find hardly use this tactic granted to all players, but i think it could help you a bunch.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Reserve is a pretty neat trick.. I havent really used it that much. Maby I should =D Running them up against the board edge is also a nice trick, that was what I did last game... his tyranid warriors managed to get those "Hit" on the scatter all the goddamn time! He was rerolling and always managed to get 2 covered. Even my 3+ fails me. Maby its bad luck, but id rather think those bikes are cursed! When I come to think of it, my MANZ tend to roll ones to.. maby its my dices.

Anyways, I find them hard to hide. the model is so big, and the enemy always see them. I have already hid most of my army behind my battlewagons + covered everythng under KFF or hit behind buldings. I want to try them out some more, because i think its a super model, and its fun to have twinlinked bigshootas roaming 24" around the battlefield. But my 5man stormboy squad manages to do alot more, and they are easier to hide. Sure, they do the oposit of eachother (Ranged / CC) but they are both small support units.

+ Reply to Thread