Question about outflanking/reserves and synapse - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about outflanking/reserves and synapse

Alright guys, I ran across this one today and was not sure about how to rule it; I think it worked well:

In a game, we had a tyranid player outflanking from a board edge.

He wanted to outflank a set of gaunts and a broodlord+retinue in the same turn (perfectly fine so far).

The problem came in when he tried to bring in the gaunts first. as the declared entry point did not have a synapse creature within 12"... this is where we were stuck.

Do the gaunts have to make an I.B. check to come on the board? If so, must they do the same when coming in from reserves?

It makes sense that they would; but, I don't like it.

It was not a competitive game; so, the player was allowed to bring the broodlord in first (even though he was rolled for second) to make things simpler and the game continued.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

No, there is a rule somewhere that basically says ignore rulings that mean things are unable to get on the board, when they come on. ill have a look in a minute, i havnt got it to hand right now
    This would also apply to without number guants as well

The general consensus is ignore for the first turn then, test next turn.

Hope that helped

EDIT. Yep page 94 "if that unit has a specific rule that would force them to move in a specific direction.... the rule is ignored for that phase
    Last edited by Heirodule; October 22nd, 2009 at 07:53.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

It's on page 94 under Arriving From Reserves, just in case anyone was wondering.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, just wanted to ask how it's possible to outflank with a squad of gaunts? Does the Brood lord confer some kind of ability to the gaunt squad?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

344 (x8)

you cant put a broodlord in a guant squad, unless under very exceptional circumstances, the genestealers you must take as his retinue must all be killed, he must survive, then hed have to move to a guant squad.

However to outflank guants simply give them the scuttlers bio-morph. It grants scout, meaning you can outflank.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

+ Reply to Thread