Revenant Titan - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revenant Titan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Revenant Titan

Hey guys, I just bought a Revenant Titan with sonic lances (first Eldar unit I've purchased for my army so far.) and I was wondering if you guys had any tips for building it (pin it of course!).

Feel free to tag onto this topic a discussion about how awesome the revenant is! *drooling*

Edit: any base suggestions? That's confusing me at the moment.

Last edited by girlhunter2102; October 24th, 2009 at 07:11. Reason: add on

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

A guy at my shop has three Revenant Titans and he uses wooden bases he got at a craft store for them. It elevates them some and has more than enough area to hold it up. He pins them and glues them to the base.

I don't know how he assembled them but I think the arms are removable.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Starting off with a bang huh? Awesome.

Prince of Excess has the right idea for basing huge models. A nice wooden stand looks good, the elevation isn't a huge deal and you really, really don't want this thing falling over. I know from experience that putting a resin model back together is heartbreaking. It never fits quite right a second time.

My suggestions are: plenty of hot water for bending/straightening the resin, a good set of knives for trimming, and look VERY carefully at the diagrams to be sure the bit of flash you're cutting off isn't part of the actual model or a connecting tab. I made that mistake and it almost cost me my precious little Medusa tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Hi have a Rev and it was great fun to put together and paint and you won't be disappointed at how he fares on the table either.

As regards putting him together, yeah obviously pinning is the way to go, but think about how you are going to do this carefully.

I used 2mm brass rod which is very strong, but bonds almost instantly with resin if you use superglue which can be challenging if your trying to slide rod through a section 3 inches long.

Wherever possible use long pins that pass through multiple pieces (e.g. the knee joints) as this will be far stronger than pinning each piece separately with smaller pins.

I also used a wooden base to give it a better stability. There is a pin that runs from the upper leg, through the knee, lower leg and foot into the base, about 6" long. I needed that as only one leg is touching the ground.

Hmm, any other advice? Yeah, build it so that you can take it apart, these fellas are fragile so you will want to be able to transport it without having a heart attack every time you go over a bump. I've made mine so that I can remove the pulsars, head back fin and the whole body from the leg sections, It all then fits nicely in a padded shoe box.

I've got some pics on my blog if you want to take a look.

If you need any other specific help drop me a pm.

Have fun!!
    -------------------
    Check out my Blog for my Biel-Tan Apocalypse progress

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/blogs/daziel/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I am indeed starting off big! Got the Avatar while I was at it. And once I pay rent and get my next paycheck I should be able to get another one, with pulsars this time.

I'm still looking for the right base, but I hear ya, like a trophy stand

But while I'm here, do you guys knowwhere I could find a photo of one with the biel tan scheme. My army (what I have so far) already is painted like that and I'd like it to match, as I'm sure you would to.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Before you buy a 2nd titan I want to ask you 2 questions.

Do you know how to play apocalypse games, and if you do, how often do you play....?

2ndly Even if you do play apocalypse games alot, do you have the book with their stats and most importantly, their point costs?????

What I am trying to say is its too expensive point wise to ever need 2. Its more effective to buy the pulsar arms and construct it to pin on the weapon of your choice.

If you want another forge world thing, get a scorpion or cobra or a flyer.

But since you said this is ur first thing for eldar, i suggest buying 2 squads of DA, 4 wave serpeants, a farseer, banshees, and 3 fire prisms and go from there.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Have to say I agree Eric. Before you go for Rev number 2 get the rest of your army planned.

I can recomend the Cobra - 10" templates of destroyer goodness are just lovely to dish out.

If you want to see a Rev in Biel Tan colours then here's mine:

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...shed-pics.html

I've thrown in extra red in to my Biel Tan pallette as I was bored with all the green.
    -------------------
    Check out my Blog for my Biel-Tan Apocalypse progress

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/blogs/daziel/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

To hit people in order, Eric: yes to all questions I played apoc with my 20,000 points of CSM for the longest time before I get pissed at the local community (which they've apparentl cleaned up in my absence) but who knows. Once a week a battle is held that like I said above would restrain myself from participating.

Denziel: thank you thank you this gives a relative idea of at least what should be green and white. My airbrush won't do it that smoothly but we'll see later in the month how that goes. Don't worry fire prisms, wave serpents, dire avengers, and guardians, are indeed my first priority (as I'm a big time tournament player with my other armies).

lol felt had to counter my buddy who owns 3 imperial titans (2 warhounds, and a reaver) and a beautiful Ulthwe army if I may say so myself.

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

20,000 points, that game would take a week to finish....

If your buddy has 3 titans, then I guess 2 revs would do well. But Cobras and/or a sunstorm prism squad wouldnt be a bad idea either....

Just trying to save you some money.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Well...not all at once just what I chose to use, which was about 2-3000 pts at a time. Local shop wouldn't let me throw down 20000, as much as I would've liked to lol.

I hear ya though, checked out the cobra rules and it's pretty bad ass no doubt that. As much as i like the revenant I think I'll stick with the one because really when will I be able to use both?

Anyway finished building it, got it based, drilled brass rods up into the knee and down into the base (wonderba), but I didn't have any sand lying around to base it so I used kitty litter =). I'll post pictures tomorrow, too dark right now.

One of the bands under the sonic lance is bent though, did the warm water, broke it in fact to try and straighten it, with warm water again. Just bent back when I finally got it straight =(. Damn bad cast. But yeah pics tomorrow. then the painting begins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast