Nob To Nids Here With A Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen several posts talking about how 4 ed is hurting the Nids. I am trying to collect a nids army now (only have a box of gaunts and a box of warriros) but I have played my Chaos, and Orks against them and I loose all the time..(probably my lack of strategy) but none the less. What is it about 4 ed that is getting people so upset?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

imo the 4th edition rules have alot more pros than cons for the tyranids. im totally happy about them
    "I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nids arent that great in small point battles not enough numbers so once you get a swarm it will help much
    W/D/L

Hivefleet Omalancho 1/0/0 my current army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok yesterday i had my first battle with the Full new rules, it was a nid vs cadian cleanse mission, 2000 pts a piece. I must admit, looking through the new rule book, i was worried about my lictors, fearless rule back firing on them, i was worried about the Cadians rapid fire into my gaunts, the guard players infantry beeing much more better in CC with the new 2 inch rule and i was majory threatend by how much more accurate Ordinance weapons are,
    But it turns out my opponent, was worried just as much by my high ini nids in CC, my infiltrating stealers, the fact that i could turn up with a dual VC carni ( i didnt) the whole taking leadership tests to shoot at further away targets and the fact the MC now can block line of sight.

The battle was allot of fun..and as a bonus i won with a victorious Slaughter!

it seems to me..the new rules have allot of bonuses for nids now... and only one or 2 draw backs..lictors have been toned down..they will be lucky to last a turn or so now..unless you have them work together, also winged Hive tyrants with warpblast, can no longer take a tank out and then assualt a unit of infantry.

truth be told i think the nids are gunna have to wait for our new codex, and we have to keep our claws crossed that GW dont do what they did with our last codex, maybe this time around, the nids may find themsleves on an even playing level with other armies

and i think they can start by lowering the points of hormies
    Army of the heavens, my army waits in hell
    To battle on the earth, for all the souls who fell

Closed Thread