Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
OK i have seen a lot of people doing weird things with wagons so hear is my take on them.
1. Never ever ever put a ram on a battle wagon it is a waist of points you can already tank shock and already have FA of 14 so your paying 5 pts to rerool def terreain tests spend the 20 on a deff rolla get your reroll and much more.
2. Ard case i dont like them your boys cant jump out as well and only 3 guys can fire shure your harder to blow up if ur opponet glances or pins ur wagon but if they do that your already in troble and with the case ur boys are takeing a stronger hit when the thing blows up.
3.Killa kannon if you really want ordance get a looted boom gun there better end of story.
4. Grot rigers/armor plates really these are personal choise i use them some people dont
5. Boreding plank/wrecken ball/graben claw these are all a bit wired to me and the only one i realy ever have even considered using is the wreckin ball for uning down and blowin up those peskey vehecals that ran from you PK toten Nobz the other 2 i really dont like or see a point in waisting points on
6 the gun options ok Rockit launchas hmm nope never they may hit once in a game not worth it big shoota 1 is a must and 2+ is to many zappa gun and looba if you are moveing more than 6 in witch you should be you will never shoot them. The kannon maybe if you use the frag optin it counts as a defencive wepon.
7 stick bombs well there isent much we are faster than inisutive wise so i dont really see a point.
I agree with almost everything you posted, but under the name of "how to equip the battle wagon competitvely". Battlewagons have a lot of fun configurations that will give you a sick amount of dice to roll or big weapons or a kool model on the board.
However, point 15 points for a ram is very cheap way to get a unvaluable rerroll. Deffrollas are fun and can ditch an insane amount of S10 hits... sometimes. If your troops are already in CC you won't be able to tank shock and those points are wasted.1. Never ever ever put a ram on a battle wagon it is a waist of points you can already tank shock and already have FA of 14 so your paying 5 pts to rerool def terreain tests spend the 20 on a deff rolla get your reroll and much more.
Deffrollas are great, but ram is not that bad
Ork Latin Lover since 1980
I'd pretty much always stick a Deff Rolla on a Wagon, against most armies your Boyz won't be in CC with every unit in the army. Against big horde armies Deff Rollas can go back and forth knocking off a few models from 1-3 units a turn.
Running over CC Troops that can't hurt it back is a very nice feeling. :]
Ork Latin Lover since 1980
I agree, I just always find room for the Deff Rolla. I consider some upgrades mandatory for various armies, that'd be one.
I consider rams, grot riggers and armor plates essential on battlewagons. You want to keep them rolling first and foremost, this is how you do it. Beyond that, the requisite shoota and a boardin' plank so you don't have to expose your boyz to go after a Rhino.
Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com
Why smack it with a plank when you can shoot 10-30 autocannon shots at it? ;]
1. Rams are okay if you don't have the extra points for a deffrolla. In other words, even though I'd rather have a deffrolla, I'd rather have a ram than nothing, and get stuck on terrain.
2. I agree.
3. Looted boomgus/Lootas: in speed freaks lists. Big gunz kannons/Lootas: in footslogging or balanced lists. Killkannons: never.
4. Grot riggers are a must have on battlewagons, as a mobile wagon can easily contest an objective, ram a rhino, or provide late game transportation. A immobile battlewagon is all but useless. Armor plates are expensive, but good when transporting expensive units of nobz/meganobz.
5. I don't use any of them. The trick is, if you're that close to enemy vehicles, you have to destroy them that turn or else they'll probably turn on you and blow you away. Boarding plank: if you're that close, it's time to disembark. Grabba Klaw: you're better off with a deffrolla. Wrecking ball: ditto, although a wrecking ball on a trukk might work.
6. Since you'll probably be moving 6-12in each turn, only three gun setups really make sense: a single big shoota, a single kannon, or one of each. A single gun is usually enough, but if you want more than one gun, then a kannon can fire its frag shot as a defensive weapon, while the big shoota shoots as the primary gun.
7. Nobz and meganobz already have stikkbombs, and shoota boyz don't really need them (as they primarily shoot). Stikkbomb chukkas are for slugga boyz, and I usually only use those guys in trukks, but if you use them in a battlewagon, then I'd definitely add on a stikkbomb chukka, or else they'll have a lot of trouble against initiative 2-3 opponents in cover (most notably IG, Necron, and other Orks).
"Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
I run my Battlewagon with a Deffrolla (brilliant!), Armour Plates as the fact its open-topped means that without them, 1/3 of the time any hit will practically immobilise it, and three Big Shootas although I'm not entirely convinced about the guns yet. Not sure how many to use.
Any advice on that?
Was this post helpful? Please click the Thumbs Up button to the left if it was. Cheers!
Quannum, funkin' out in every way. Since 1987.
I'd say 1-2. You should always be going 12" with a Deff Rolla so it won't be shooting, they just eat up weapon destroyed results.