Apocalypse Screamer-killers. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Apocalypse Screamer-killers.

There is a new Apocalypse datasheet out for our bugs, the Screamer-killer brood.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...ller_Brood.pdf

It seems to be fairly good and it won't be largely affected by any upcoming codex changes. I was thinking it may be fun to make some Carnifexes with bio plasma so I can use this one day. The size of the template and the high AP are very nice looking. It will melt Terminators very effectively which is always good, Terminators are nasty to the bugs.

Though it does occur to me that four or more Carnifexes would be better than three so that the special ability will keep running for as long as possible. How would these Carnifexes be biomorphed though? They have to take bio plasma and two pairs of scything talons but other than that they can use whatever we want. What would be best or would a minimalist approach be better with no extras?

It also puts me in mind of the Scythed Hierodule which I'm working on right now, big scythes and acid spray. Wha do other people think of this ability and how have people doen with the similar Scythed Hierodule?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

I'm gonna use a mix of whatever light and heavy cc fex's I have for this formation, no hierodules for me as they will be part of my crusherbrood.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreachon View Post
    I'm gonna use a mix of whatever light and heavy cc fex's I have for this formation, no hierodules for me as they will be part of my crusherbrood.
    What is a crusher brood, sounds like fun.

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

A crusher brood is a brood of fleeting carnifexes with 2x crushing claws for 2d6 attacks and all the defensive upgrades IIRC.

They are awesome.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
    A crusher brood is a brood of fleeting carnifexes with 2x crushing claws for 2d6 attacks and all the defensive upgrades IIRC.

They are awesome.
    That is helpful, thanks for that. Reppy for already for the Tyranid song. I think I could make them as I have an old brood of three metal Carnifexes in need of a makeover with two pairs of old ones eye's crushing claws each. I used them like that a scything talons back in days of yore when crushing claws was not allowed for normal Carnifexes, neither were they plastic. However I am useless with netspeak so please tell me what is IIRC?

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Leech View Post
    That is helpful, thanks for that. Reppy for already for the Tyranid song. I think I could make them as I have an old brood of three metal Carnifexes in need of a makeover with two pairs of old ones eye's crushing claws each. I used them like that a scything talons back in days of yore when crushing claws was not allowed for normal Carnifexes, neither were they plastic. However I am useless with netspeak so please tell me what is IIRC?
    Thanks for the rep. IIRC stands for If I ReCall.

A metal behemoth crusher brood sounds pretty awesome. Do you/will you have pics? I like the old smiley rhinofexes.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

You guys just found the screamer killer brood? That's been up on GW for...ages. I recall seeing it around April I wanna say.

Decidedly it is an AWESOME brood. All hail bioplasma! If I ever play appoc with my nids, I hope to have the fexes to use it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Alzer View Post
    You guys just found the screamer killer brood? That's been up on GW for...ages. I recall seeing it around April I wanna say.

Decidedly it is an AWESOME brood. All hail bioplasma! If I ever play appoc with my nids, I hope to have the fexes to use it.
    Its called GW's new website format.
    Quote of the Week (Number 3) - "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." - William Gibbs McAdoo (1863-1941)
    Ruina's Hive - My personal Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Hahahahaha. Yes, that is true. I'd seen it on a "weekly update" back when it came out. They really do know how to hide all the useful information.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

Also, the Crusher Brood makes all the carnies in it fleet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast