First ever DE game! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

First ever DE game!

So I had a combat patrol game against a friend of mine.

I had,

8 wyches
    Succy /w haywire
    Plasma grenades
    Wych weapons

8 x warriors
    Dark lance
    Raider
    Horrorfex
    Dissy

Dracon
    Shadow field
    Combat drugs
    Punisher
    Tormentor helm

He had;

10 Dire Avengers
    Exarch with 2 shuriken catapults and bladestorm

5 warp spiders
    Exarch

2 x vipers
    scatter lasers

Before anyone points it out, I know that shadow fields is not allowed, i just didn't at the time. My opponent let it slide due to it's extreme point cost in 400 points.

First game;

We use 40kin40minutes rules.

He had a forest and a ruin in his deployment area, I had a ruin and a crash site in mine. The ruins were in opposite corners.

I went first, he failed to seize.

I deployed the raiders in the ruin, with the dark lance on the top level. I deployed the raider behind the ruin, the wyches and dracon next to it in cover.

He deployed warp spiders behind the forest, the dire avengers in the forest and the vypers behind the ruin out of LoS.

My wyches receive 12" assault drugs.

First turn, I embarked my wyches + dracon in th raider and moved behind the ruin so as to deny the vypers shots against it, I fired my warriors against his dire avengers, as well as dropped the dissy on them.

They failed their LD and fled.

In his turn, His dire avengers failed to rally and fled off the board, the vypers moved out from behind the ruin to the center of the field and fired their scatter lasers at my raider. 2 penetrates, I made both hulldowns. The warp spiders made a run for it, moving behind the vypers.

I moved my raider towards the vypers, moved 6", Ran 5"

Shot a dark lance at a vyper and exploded it, rolling only a 1 for the distance.

rolled 12" +1S and rerolls to hit for the drugs on my dracon and was fine. Multiple assaulted the vyper and the warp spiders.

made my dracon's attacks against the viper, as well as the succy's haywire grenade attack. The wyches attacked the spiders.

My dracon hit twice, rolled 2 1's for additional S. The grenade hit, glanced, and wrecked him with a 6 (open topped)

The wyches killed 2 spiders, and no wyches died. He failed LD and I sweeping advanced winning the game.

---------------------------

Game two, nearly the same map with the forest in the middle this time. I won the roll and went first. deployed in the same way, he deployed in the ruin opposite me.

He siezed but chose not to do anything as I was out of range/LoS.

Always strike first on the wyches

I moved my raider (with embarked wyches and dracon) forward, fired the dissy and kiled a spider who it scattered on. My Dark lance wounded an avenger but he made his cover.

Turn ended with my raider behind the forest.

His vypers moved out to the flank, his warp spiders forward with a casualty. The vypers exploded my raider and I lost 2 wyches. His warp spiders were out of range.

In my turn my dracon left the unit and moved forward through the cover, his wyches behind him.

Fired my dark lance and failed to penetrate.

He fired his warp spiders, and scatter lasers at my HQ. I made 18 2+ saves.
    His dire avengers blade stormed my wyches, i failed 3 cover saves and the succy died.

In my turn, I moved forward past the vypers with my HQ, ran 6".

The wyches left the forest and shot at the wapr spiders, killing 1.
    Dark lance killed a vyper.

My HQ used 12" assault, +1S and reroll to hit. Rolled doubles and took a wound.
    The wyches assault the spiders, killing 1. Lost no wyches, he made his LD.

My dracon assaulted the dire avengers in cover. Killed 4, took no wounds and sweeping advanced them. Rolled 1 for consolidation and couldn't get out of LoS.

His turn, remaining viper moved around the ruin my dracon now was in, fired hits scatter laser and instant deathed him.

The wyches won combat and consolidated into the forest.

As per 40kin40mins rules I know had to take LD tests for my wyches at the beginning of my turn. eventually i failed and they fled, unable to rally.

The rest of the game was the vyper shooting at my warriors and my dark lance shooting him.

He managed to force an LD test, which i failed and fled off the board.

1:1

---------------------------------

Ultimately, the first game was a turn 2 massacre. Which was amazing.

A question did come up;

A succy comes with wych weapons, but Wyches pay for them. If only the succy has them, but is part of the unit, do they still gain the benefit without having to pay for it?

Cheerio!

Glavas

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

The succubus doesn't come with WW automatically, it states in the codex ntry that it comes with a SP and CCW.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by ArtificiallyEnhanced View Post
    The succubus doesn't come with WW automatically, it states in the codex ntry that it comes with a SP and CCW.
    Yes I have since figured that out.

Army builder confused me in that matter, as if you add wych weapons to the unit it automatically adds it to the succy. Which, even though it confused me, still had me at the right point cost all up

Glavas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Oh, armybuilder. Yet again you trick some poor unsuspecting user with your unguessable ways.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

+ Reply to Thread