my new fav unit - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my new fav unit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

my new fav unit

bit bored at the mo.
    whats your favourite unit and why?

i now have an extreme love for this unit. i thought i would share as its awesomeness is so ummm.... awesome lol

heamoniculi on jetbike
    scissorhands and destructor
    5 reavers with succy
    2 shredders and poisoned blades.(yeah no agoniser, its really not needed)
    haywires grenades.

usually i try to field 2 of these squads. this squad kills all.
    its kinda of expensive, but i mainly take 2000pt armies now.
    keep them in reserve so they dont get shot up so easy in initial rounds.

usually i would field the same kind of unit with a lord and punisher, giving the succy a punisher too.
    i have seen this unit jump from unit to unit and cause so much mayhem that your opponent doesnt know what to do.

If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you...you won't be able to walk.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Why would you use Pbaldes when you get the awesomeness of the reavers +1 str and waste the haemy's T5 by putting him in a unit not meant for him?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x2)

good point.
    the heamy is only using the squad as protection, he can leave the squad when the time is right.
    though i rarely have an opportunity where i need to

you could use a punisher, but this then takes away from MC killin, its a personal choice,
    i use poisoned blades simply becuase of its cheapness and wounding on 2+
    a str 5 power weapon doesnt work as well vs MC's , how many MC's do you know with a save greater than 4+? two shredders on an MC followed by the attacks from the scissorhands and poisoned blades almost always gets the job done, its a rare sight if it doesn't.

as for attacking squads the destructor and shredders usually does alot of damage, so you dont want to kill the squad too quickly, you want to aim to finish the combat in your opponents turn and not leave yourself open to get shot at, i feel the punisher only serves to increase your chances of breaking a squad leaving your very pricey valuable squad open to get shot at.
    If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you...you won't be able to walk.

Lia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Most MCs have better than 4+ armor saves. Not including Special Characters :

Those with :
    CSM Daemon Princes
    CD Bloodthirster (Ironhide)
    CD Lord of Change
    Hive Tyrants
    Carnifexes
    WraithLords
    Talos

Those without :
    CSM Summoned Greater Daemon
    CD Keeper of Secrets
    CD Great Unclean One (Has Feel no Pain which would be ignored by Saves denying, however.)
    CD Daemon Prince (If it doesn't take Ironhide.)

I personally prefer Agonisers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ooglatjama View Post
    Why would you use Pbaldes when you get the awesomeness of the reavers +1 str and waste the haemy's T5 by putting him in a unit not meant for him?
    There actually is a good reason to give Poisoned Blades to them: One of the changes in 5th edition is that if your strength is equal to or higher then the targets toughness and you use poisoned blades, then you get to re-roll your to-wound rolls. So not only are you wounding on a 2+, but you get to re-roll that when you inevitably roll a 1

Besides, they're cheap.
    /WHAO/TH-/HEL/DAO/KWRAO/TH*EUPBG/KWR-/PH-/STPH
    /TP-/KWRAO/K-/RAOED/THEUS/THEPB/WAOE/SH-D/KHAT/SPHAOEUPL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

Unfortunately Toloran that isn't exactly correct.
    Our Poison Blades don't get the Poisoned weapons rule from the rule book as our rules don't say that our poisoned blades are poisoned weapons.
    Rediculous? Yes. Will some players be happy to admit that poisoned blades are poisoned weapons? probably. But you should be aware that some players might kick up a stink as it isn't really legit.
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Unfortunately I would have to agree but I would think that it’s only a FAQ away from being one.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x2)

highly doubt there's gonna be another faq before the new codex release.

jes goodwin has been working at the models for close to two years now, other web sites rumours are saying that everything is done and dusted, the models are done, they are just ironing out the codex and ensuring its a good release rather than the disaster they did with them already.
    GW just isn't risking it yet. with them only recently getting rid of 90% of their debt and that they opened a ton new stores worldwide, DE for them is very risky, hence SWs, tyranids and then BA/DA being released first, all very popular armies, if DE flop these armies still sell well so they will soften the blow in the run up before its release... Makes sense really. The rumour mill has been predicting DE for a release over the last 2 years, something tells me that GW is balancing profits and making sure that DE sell, they will take their risk soon enough, thats why i can't really see a FAQ.

sorry i have went off topic.

i never play in GW tourneys or stores, just a large group of friends of about 10.
    we play it as toloran stated, somehow i forgot to mention that, but with 2+ to wound its hardly worth mentioning, though it still is handy.

infact i would find it hard to argue that its not a posioned weapon as described in the rulebook, but wording is wording after all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by dizzie View Post
    infact i would find it hard to argue that its not a posioned weapon as described in the rulebook, but wording is wording after all.
    How would you take an old class of weapon and call it something new when its rules for it have not changed for over 10 years?
    Is it the wound on a fixed value thing? If so then an Agoniser may as well be classed as ‘Poisoned’ also.

I just don’t see any real connection between the DE codex version of Poisoned Blades and the new BRB rules version apart from one word in the name. The rules version is a class of weapon that could be applied across the board to many others whereas the codex version is a particular weapon and no other.

And I just don’t see that for the very small points cost you are meant gain anything more than what is written in the codex – things like re-rolling to wound blow the abilities out of the water wouldn’t you think?
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
    How would you take an old class of weapon and call it something new when its rules for it have not changed for over 10 years?
    Is it the wound on a fixed value thing? If so then an Agoniser may as well be classed as ‘Poisoned’ also.

I just don’t see any real connection between the DE codex version of Poisoned Blades and the new BRB rules version apart from one word in the name. The rules version is a class of weapon that could be applied across the board to many others whereas the codex version is a particular weapon and no other.

And I just don’t see that for the very small points cost you are meant gain anything more than what is written in the codex – things like re-rolling to wound blow the abilities out of the water wouldn’t you think?

for Pblades its wrote in the description as a posioned weapon, even the name states it, its difficult to argue that its not a poisoned weapon.
    there are very few scenarios in which it can get a reroll, one being on a jetbike to get str4.
    the other is when facing T3 armies which does not happen often, also when you consider that its a 2+ to wound, the times it will get a reroll are very few and far between. therefore its not really a game winner for being a poisoned weapon.

agonisers don't state that they are posioned so the same logic cannot be applied here, its an old codex thats been through 3 editions so i understand where your coming from wicki.
    if it had of said that the agoniser was poisoned then the same logic could be applied.(this would be very extreme and very broken)
    Last edited by dizzie; November 9th, 2009 at 05:26.

+ Reply to Thread