Librarium Online Forums banner

Tyranid Theming

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Coneydogben 
#1 ·
Ok so i have been thinking about color schemes, my ideas of army building and everything but no im stumped. I want to theme my army around a based storyline or something like that ( something different ) and that will innitially help me choose a color scheme i just cant think of anything so this threas is so people can help me choose a good theme ^^. so post your theme ideas ^^

#2 ·
One idea is to base the colour scheme around a world the nids consume, for example if they overan a lava world, have what looks like magma streams over the carapce. A mountainous world effect could be achived with grey brown and other earthy colours. Ive seen one that usedcitadel bsing stones to psyically make them rugged. A mate of mine said his fleet was based of the force that ate perandium, next to macrage. As a result, they are very vibrant colours take from exotic plants.

Just take something natural and imagine what if they ate it :dance:

#3 ·
what about a curtain animal name some animals that could possibly make my nids different ( i have been sitting here for housrs using a nids color generator try to think of good scheme and theme!!!!:freaked-out:):soldier:

#8 · (Edited)
well the main types of world in 40k are

Hive (massed city)

Agri (farming)

Manufactorum (mechancus, lots of foundries forges ect

Death World (fenris, Baal, catachan are all examples of these, but dont use them, theyre to important to fluff. basically a realy dangerous place)

Non Imperial world include

Eldar Maiden worlds
Tau sept worlds
Chaos marine bases/deamon worlds

There may be more but i cant remeber any.

However what it seems to me is that your trying too hard, why not just find colours you like and go for it?

#9 ·
Perhaps you could go in for an all or mostly white colour scheme. Creatures that live in caves tend to loose all their colour pigment. You could have some fluff that your swarm developed in a completely dark enviroment. They could be a splinter fleet that landed on a world with many caves and developed there in isolation and over time bewcame very pale.

#10 · (Edited)
ok i worked on a scheme on that tyranid painter thing its more of a crustacious body with a colorful shell kind of like a crab i would like to show it to you but it wont let me paste the picture
( p. s. what do you mean by splinter fleet?)
so ill just have to show it to you when im done ^^ thanks for the help

Questions- on the Know Your Bug Online tyranid painter how do i get the password to see the scheme on zoanthropes,Trygons,Biovores,Broodlords ( ect.)

#12 · (Edited)
Questions- on the Know Your Bug Online tyranid painter how do i get the password to see the scheme on zoanthropes,Trygons,Biovores,Broodlords ( ect.)
I don't think that those Tyranids image painters have been finished yet. I'm not sure if all the bugs will be getting the treatment so you may not be able to see your colour scheme on them. For the moment you can't anyway.

I have been thinking that you need not only use a paintjob to theme your Tyranids. You could convert them in some way. I have a scorpion themed Hive fleet and I do it by often converting my bugs to look like scorpions in some way. The colour scheme isn't scorpion-like. Try thinking of an animal you can copy in some way when you do your bugs.
:qq:

@TamCoan Here is a link to the online Tyranid painter.http://www.fallensunasylum.org/nids/gauntpainterold.html

#11 ·
A splinter fleet is part of a larger fleet that has broken off and continued on its own. This may be because the main assault fleet has been wiped out, they were separated in the warp or any number of fluffy reasons. A splinter fleet can be anything you want it to be.

No clue about the online painter, never used it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.